Ernie Ball Music Man DarkRay Bass in Obsidian Black
Featuring 2-Band Darkglass Preamp with Alpha Distortion & Omega Fuzz Modes!
More stock due on Fri 28th Oct 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 2999 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Here's what Music Man say about the DarkRay:
New for 2021, we are pleased to announce the addition of the DarkRay 4 string bass. Designed in collaboration with world-renowned bass accessory manufacturer Darkglass Electronics, the DarkRay unlocks a whole new range of sonic capabilities.
At the heart of every instrument is its tone: in this case, a new modern 2 Band EQ preamp was designed by Darkglass specifically for the DarkRay. This preamp offers three modes with very distinct and useful sounds: Clean, Alpha (distortion), and Omega (fuzz). Both distortion circuits are fully mixable via an onboard gain knob and blend control manipulated to the user’s preference. Astonishing clean, slight gain, or a brutal fuzz tone is obtainable, all with no low-end loss. A bright LED ring and the 3-way lever switch indicates which mode the bass is in.
The all-new DarkRay is every bit a Stingray Special with neodymium humbucking pickup, roasted maple neck, comfort contoured body, 22 stainless steel frets, and the familiar 3+1 headstock configuration. Available in Obsidian Black and limited edition Granite Stone.
- Body Wood: Select Hardwood
- Body Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
- Neck Finish: Gunstock Oil & Hand-Rubbed Special Wax Blend
- Neck Attachment: 5-Bolt, Sculpted Neck Joint
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Fingerboard Wood: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Fret Markers: Dot Inlay
- Frets: 22, High Profile, Wide
- Pickup: Single Humbucking with Neodymium Magnets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite Acrylic Resin Coated Body Cavity & Black-Plated Aluminium Control Cover
- Controls: Custom Darkglass 2-Band Active Preamp with 2 Distinct Distortion Circuits (Alpha & Omega); Volume, Gain, Blend, Treble, Bass
- Switching: 3-Way Lever Distortion Selector; Preamp Only, Preamp & Alpha Distortion, Preamp & Omega Distortion
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man Top-Loaded Black-Plated, Steel Bridge Plate with Vintage Black-Plated Steel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, Lightweight with Tapered String Posts & Ergonomic Clover Design
- Pickguard: Black
- Case/Gig Bag: Music Man Bass Case
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable