Music Man’s Cutlass is already a modern classic electric guitar with its distinctive body shape, pristine hardware and an instantly recognisable headstock. Boasting a trio of spanky mid-'60s style staggered pole single-coil pickups, the Cutlass RS also features Music Man's modern tremolo system and a rock-solid roasted Maple neck - resulting in a contemporary instrument that doesn't alienate traditionalists.
Comfortable, Roasted Maple Neck
All of Music Man's guitars are renowned for having incredibly comfortable neck profiles. The Cutlass RS is no exception, and is certain to keep you playing for hours on end with its 'Soft V to C' neck shape that offers great support for chords and flattens out in the higher register for solos. The hand-rubbed, oiled and waxed finish enhances the neck's playability even further, offering an ultra-smooth feel.
With a stunning figured grain, the Cutlass' Maple neck has been roasted to remove all of the natural moisture retained by the wood. This process makes the neck far less vulnerable to warping when exposed to varying climates, ensuring incredible stability.
Lightweight Alder Body
The Cutlass' gorgeous neck is joined with a flawlessly-crafted Alder body, serving as the perfect sonic foundation for the trio of single-coils. Very lightweight, this specific Alder material makes the Music Man Cutlass a great live performance workhorse. The sculpted neck joint allows you to easily access all of the Cutlass' 22 stainless steel frets too!
Music Man has fitted its Cutlass RS model with its chrome-plated modern tremolo system, providing a smooth action and ensuring fantastic tuning stability. At the other end of the instrument you'll find a set of high-quality Schaller locking tuners, enabling you to change strings easily while also decreasing the chance of tuning slips.
Mid-'60s Style Single-Coil Pickups
The Cutlass RS achieves unparalleled bite with its three ‘60s-inspired custom wound single-coil pickups. Delivering a deliciously clear sound, these pickups also react very well to changes of the volume and tone controls for ultimate expression. Featuring Music Man's wide spectrum "Silent Circuit" too, you can experience the true and authentic sound of the Cutlass's pickups but with reduced hum - without sacrificing any tone!
- Body Shape: Cutlass
- Body Material: Lightweight Alder
- Body Finish: High Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: Roasted Figured Maple
- Neck Shape: Soft V to C
- Neck Finish: Hand Rubbed Oil and Wax
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at Nut, 2-1/4" (56.9 mm) at Last Fret
- Fingerboard Material: Roasted Figured Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 10"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Black Dots
- Number of Frets: 22, High Profile, Medium Width, Stainless Steel
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Material: Compensated Tusq
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Music Man Modern Tremolo with Vintage Bent Steel Saddles
- Tuners: Schaller M6-IND Locking
- Pickups: 3 Music Man Mid-'60s Style Staggered Pole Single-Coils
- Controls: 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone, 5-Way Blade Pickup Switch
- Circuitry: Wide Spectrum "Silent Circuit" (Reduces Hum and Retains True Single-Coil Sound)
- Strings: M-Steel Hybrid Slinky (9-46)
- Case Included: Hardshell Case