The Cutlass bass is a comfortable, vintage-inspired bass from Music Man. It has an old-school fat-sounding split singlecoil in the middle position and a comfortable to play neck. It's got all of the vintage mojo of a P-style bass with modern playability and technology so that you could play a gig of any size with this instrument.
The top-loading bridge is made of hardened steel and will make sure that you get the maximum resonance from the bass.
Everybody knows Leo Fender started Fender - but did you know that after he sold Fender, he went on to create both Music Man & G&L Guitars? Well you do now!
Music Man are based in the USA and make a stunning range of guitars & basses from both their US based custom shop, and also under licence in the far east. The most iconic Music Man instrument is probably the Stingray Bass, but in addition to this the Music Man Axis & Silhouette guitars have become extremely well known. With artists like Tony Levin, Steve Lukather, John Petrucci & Albert Lee (plus a lot more!) using Music Man guitars & basses, you'll be in good company should you choose to buy one of these!
Here's what Music Man say about the Cutlass
The Cutlass bass is the latest edition to the Modern Classic line of instruments. This newly designed passive 4-string bass features rich, vintage tone surrounded by streamlined, modern appointments for ultimate comfort and playabilty. The Cutlass's many great features include a old school split-coil humbucking design for that big round bottom end tone, a comfortable "C" shaped neck carve and a lightweight contoured alder body that fits like a glove.
The top-loading bridge is made from hardened steel and complemented by a newly designed oversized headstock with the familiar 3+1 tuner arrangement. All in all the Cutlass is a sleek, modern bass with vintage features that stays true to its Music Man heritage.
- Model Cutlass Bass
- Size 13-7/16" wide x 1-5/8" thick x 45-3/8" long (34.1 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 115.3 cm long)
- Weight 9 lbs. 0 oz. (4.08 kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood Alder
- Body Finish High gloss polyester
- Body Colors Black, White, Diamond Blue, Heritage Tobacco Burst
- Bridge Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated hollow steel saddles
- Pickguard Shell (Heritage Tobacco Burst); Parchment (Diamond Blue); Black (Black); Mint (White)
- Scale Length 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius 7.5" (19.1 cm)
- Headstock Size 9" (22.9 cm) long
- Frets 21 - High profile, narrow width
- Neck Width 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut 2-15/32" (62.7 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood Select maple neck
- Fingerboard Select maple or rosewood
- Fret Markers 5/16" Black or White dots
- Neck Finish Ultra-light satin polyurethane finish
- Neck Colors Natural aged yellow finish
- Tuning Machines Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss Rod Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Controls 250kohm volume and tone - .1µF tone capacitor
- Pickups Music Man® offset humbucking