Martin's DX1KAE is a highly playable electro-acoustic, with smart, sleek looks and the brands' rich, trademark sound. Crafted from 'sustainable wood certified parts' this instrument follows Martin's commitment to creating ethically-conscious guitars.
The dreadnought, non-cutaway body found here consists of a solid sitka spruce top, paired with Hawaiian koa-pattern HPL back and sides. This has been fitted with a set of Fishman Sonitone electronics - leading to amplified tones that accurately recreate the natural voice of the instrument. Martin describe this model as a "plug and play" type, meaning it's instantly accessible. You'll find it an ideal choice to pick up and use whenever and wherever inspiration strikes you!
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Hand-Rubbed
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Back & Side Finish: N/A
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Back Material: HPL
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: HPL
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone