Nothing beats the natural warmth and sustain of mahogany. There's a good reason why singer-songwriters and many guitarists who sing swear by all-mahogany acoustic guitars such as the Martin 000-15SM. The naturally dark and mellow tone of mahogany is both extremely forgiving and it also provides a rich tonal complexity that's somewhat reminiscent of an electric sound.
At the same time, the slightly deeper voice of the 000-15SM leaves plenty of sonic space for your voice, acting as an excellent source of accompaniment. Pure acoustic tone that will only get better over time. One reason that vintage Martin guitars like the 000-15SM sound so rich and captivating is that they've had years to age and mature. Solid wood guitars flex over the years and their tone "settles in" after lots of playing.
The Martin 000-15SM sounds amazing right out of the case - but give it five or ten years, and you'll be blown away by the additional harmonic richness that develops over time.
Martin Guitars: delivering professional quality since 1833
So, why does a Martin sound so good? Consider the fact that the company has been making quality instruments since 1833, and what we might consider "modern" acoustic guitars since early in the 20th century. What's more, the company's commitment to quality has never wavered, so whether you're investing in a brand-new 000-15SM or inheriting a family heirloom vintage Martin, you know you're getting the best. The Martin 000-15SM limited edition acoustic guitar is an instrument that you'll want to keep for a lifetime, and you'll love Martin's uncompromising quality.
Here's what Martin have to say about the 000-15SM
The 000-15SM model continues the Martin tradition with solid, all-mahogany construction and a rich satin finish. The Martin 000-size 12-fret neck features a slotted headstock. Satisfy your desire with an affordable solid wood guitar that is visually distinctive and innovative.
- Model: 000-15SM
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000 12-Fret
- Top: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Rosette: Single Ring
- Top Bracing Pattern: A-Frame ''X''
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling: none
- Side Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Endpiece: none
- Endpiece Inlay: none
- Binding: none
- Top Inlay Style: none
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: none
- Neck Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Slotted/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: none
- Fingerboard Material: Morado
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 12
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamonds & Squares - Short Pattern
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: Satin
- Finish Top: Satin
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Morado
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/4''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open-Geared w/ Ivoroid Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100)
- Bridge & End Pins: Solid Black Ebony
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 331 Hardshell
- Interior Label: none
- Electronics: optional
- Other Options: Available left-handed at no additional charge
- Other Comments: All prices & specifications are subject to change without notice.