The 000-13E from Martin represents a refined take on the classic Auditorium design. Auditorium acoustics are known for their accessible size and brilliant sound that’s well adapted to many styles. With the 000-13E, Martin have opted for a unique tonewood combination, cutting-edge Fishman electronics and a number of design tweaks that make it stand out from the crowd!
First of all, a glossy Sitka Spruce top is familiar territory. But in a departure from the norm, Siris was chosen for the back and sides. This tonewood often exhibits a luxurious golden-brown hue, similar to Koa but with tight figuring, and it delivers a clear and balanced tone – perfectly complementing the punchy Martin auditorium sound. Next up, Richlite is used for the fretboard and bridge, known for its contrasting dark appearance and tonal consistency.
Finally, and crucially, Martin have loaded the 000-13E with Fishman MX-T electronics. This soundhole pickup features subtly tucked away controls and a built-in tuner that comes with a mute feature. Tune in silence on stage without any hassle!
By combining the relatively compact size of the Auditorium design with modern materials and versatile electronics, Martin have created the perfect professional workhorse acoustic.
Here’s what Martin say about the 000-13E:
With a gorgeous glossed Sitka spruce top and Siris back and sides, this solid wood Auditorium model is a great sounding guitar at an affordable price. New to this model are stunning mother-of-pearl pattern fingerboard and rosette inlays, a multi-stripe rosette border, and white binding. It has a Richlite fingerboard and bridge, gloss body, and a hand-rubbed neck finish. Also new to this model is Fishman MX-T electronics with a built-in soundhole tuner that auto mutes the audio output so you can tune up any time without using a pedal. This guitar comes with a soft-shell case so it is Road-ready to join you on all of your adventures!
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: Siris
- Side Material: Siris
- Binding: White
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Standard Taper
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: MOP Pattern Dots - 28 Style Pattern
- Side Dots: White
Hardware and Electronics
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Soft Shell
- Electronics: Fishman MX-T