The Kosmoz from Mad Professor is an incredible, feature-packed reverb stompbox that offers far more than its looks suggest. With 11 reverb engines, including essentials such as Plate and Spring, the Kosmoz also boasts shimmer-style textures as well as combined reverb/delay sounds.
The diversity of this pedal will appeal strongly to experimental players looking for more unique reverb options, delivering ambient tones that can add incredible depth to chords or arpeggiated progressions. With a variety of shaping controls, you can carefully craft the perfect reverb sound. The Control knob behaves differently with each reverb type, letting you access even more weird and wonderful tones.
Another great feature of this pedal is its footswitch, which not only allows you to engage the effect, but also doubles as a hold a function. This allows you to achieve a freeze-style drone, or create swelling effects for synth-style sweeps.
Here's what Mad Professor say about the Kosmoz Reverb Pedal:
The Mad Professor Kosmoz is a small, easy to use and super versatile pedal for a wide variety of ambient reverbs. With just one footswitch you can, of course, turn the pedal ON and OFF, but also hold the switch for freeze function ambient effect or make beautiful swell effects without the need of a volume pedal.
All the 11 ambient tones are carefully designed and you can further adjust the tones with four knobs. The special CONTROL knob has a different function on different presets, so please take time to explore all the possibilities.
- 11 reverb programs
- Plate, Room, Spring, and Hall
- 3 reverb + shimmer sounds
- 2 reverb + delay sounds
- 2 Swell sounds
- Freeze functionality
- Swells are controlled by footswitch
- Adjustments for all sounds: Time, Tone, Level
- Program dependent Control: Ducking Depth, Swell rise speed, Shimmer ratio or Delay level
- Wet only mode
- Analog dry path
- True bypass
- Power supply or battery operated. Due the high current consumption, the battery operation time may last only 2-3 hours with a fresh battery
- Supply voltage range 8.5V to 12V
- Current consumption 90 mA at 9VDC
- Input impedance 500 kOhm