The Laney Ironheart is a rack mountable Guitar amp that delivers 15w of tube driven tone but thats just half the story.
The real strength of this amp is when you start recording with it. It features a dummy load option which means you do not need to connect to a speaker cab to record you can silently record directly. It also features a built in USB interface that records the processed guitar and the clean direct signal which can then be re-recorded via the built in reamping feature.
This gives you great creative options and really makes this product stand out from others.
Check out our exclusive video below where Lee and Rob show and explain how reamping works with this amp.
Here's what Laney say about the Ironheart IRT Studio:
Featuring the same great IRONHEART tones as the bigger heads but in a low wattage studio package with some neat features added.
Most of us agree that we’d love to record in a situation where making a lot of noise was not an problem but in most cases we’re recording in our home studios and making a lot of noise is not always an option.
So the IRONHEART IRT-STUDIO has a couple of features designed specifically to allow you to get a great tone whether you are recording in the studio or recording live.
USB CONNECTIVITY – NO LATENCY
The IRT-STUDIO features a USB Audio I/O and a RE-AMP send jack. The USB supplies both a dry signal and the processed signal – split left and right to your DAW – directly into either your PC/MAC or iPAD, which means that you can alter the guitar tone of your original recording – without having to re-track anything!
INTERNAL DUMMY LOAD
The IRT-STUDIO has an internal dummy load – so unlike a conventional tube loaded amp – you don’t need to connect an external speaker – Which gives you truly silent recording!
SILENT & EMULATED RECORD OUT
The IRT-STUDIO also houses a high quality speaker-emulated record out immediately after the output section which means it delivers all valve tone to your DAW or PA or both at the same time for recording your live shows.
- Inputs: 1 x Jack 15 Watts & 1 x Jack 1 Watt
- Power: 15 Watts & < 1 Watt
- Channels: 3 - Clean, Rhythm & Lead
- Equalisation: Bass, Middle & Treble with Pull-Push EQ shift on each
- Master Presence Control: Overall TONE
- Boost Switch: Footswitchable PRE BOOST
- Preamp Valves: 3 x ECC83
- Output Valves: 2 x EL84
- Class: Class AB
- Reverb: Laney designed Digital reverb
- Footswitch: FS4-IRT supplied as standard - switches Channel, Clean, Reverb & Pre Boost
- Speaker connections: 1x Jack switchable 8 or 16 Ohms
- FX Loop(s): Yes - variable level FX loop
- Internal Dummy Load: Silent Recording - no need to connect an external speaker
- Speaker Emulated Record Out: Direct out from the power amp tubes - delivering all valve tone recorded as well as live
- MP3 Input: Mini Jack
- DI Socket: XLR DI out - cabinet emulated
- USB Connectivity: USB Audio I/O for use with any DAW
- RE-AMP Enabled: IRT STUDIO sends DRY Guitar (left) and AMPED guitar right and is equipped with a RE-AMP function for use with any DAW
- Rack Wings: Supplied