Here's What Kurzweil Say About the Forte 7
The Kurzweil Forte® 7. Stage Piano + Synthesizer + Workstation.
The most advanced keyboard to ever bear the Kurzweil logo - now in a more portable 76-note, fully-weighted package.
16 Gigabytes of Sounds!
New, hand-selected German and vintage Japanese concert grand pianos, as well as new Classic Keys, Wurlitzer, Clav, Harpsichord, Orchestral Percussion, Celeste, Glockenspiel, Chimes, Bells and Crotales along with a wide selection of sounds from the acclaimed PC3 and KORE 64™ expansion, all delivered with unprecedented expressiveness and an obsessive attention to detail.
Patented FlashPlay® Technology
Flash-Play® provides the Forte® 7 with a staggering amount of horse-power; 16 GB sample content with zero-loading time, heaping mounds of powerful DSP and ultrafast performance.
3.3 Gigabytes User Sample Memory
Now load up to 3.3 GB of your own custom samples into non-volatile flash memory. Supported sample formats: .WAV, .AIF (up to 16 bit / 96kHz) and Kurzweil formats (.P3K, .KRZ, .K25, .K26).
Deep native editing? Look no further. The Forte® now grants full access to Kurzweil's legendary Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology directly from the front panel. With 32-layers per program, each offering its own signal path and a host of modular DSP tools, the Forte® 7 offers a wealth of sound creation and modification that is truly immense.
KB3 ToneReal™ Organs
Modeled after classic organs. Featuring all the controls you want and more, including 9 realistic drawbars. In the Forte, KB3 is Polyphony Free*, not using any of the Forte's 128 voices!
(*does not apply to sample-based programs)
Powerful FX Engine
Award-winning Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more - all fully editable from the user-interface.
K.S.R. - Kurzweil String Resonance
Piano string resonance modeling for enhanced acoustic piano performance!
76-note Italian Hammer-Action Keyboard
Every sound within the Forte® 7 is perfectly matched to its 76-note fully-weighted Italian hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch.
V3 turns the Forte 7 in to a full-blown workstation now featuring a 16-track internal sequencer to record/edit/mix/produce your own tracks - all in the box. Import MIDI (.mid) files as well as Kurzweil PC3-family songs.
16 Simultaneous RIFF Generators
Trigger and manipulate up to 16 simultaneous MIDI sequences on the fly. Select from an internal library of patterns or record/import your own!
Looking for a pulse? Activate up to 16 independent Arps (1 per program, 16 per Multi) and discover the new 'Step Sequencer' environment!
Live Audio Input w/ FX
Plug in and jam along with your favorite music player. The 1/8" (3.5mm) Audio Input sports its own dedicated real-time FX. Sweeten your backing tracks for live performance and internally mix the signal with the Forte's own output.
Front Panel Master Compressor & 3-Band EQ
Room too boomy? Need to add some punch? No problem. Dial it in with the Master Compressor & EQ section featuring Bass, Treble and sweepable Midrange.
23 Programmable Physical Controllers
9 Sliders (with brilliant LED ladders), 6 Switches, 2 Wheels, 3 Switch Pedal Inputs (which support half-damper for pianos), 2 Continuous Control Pedal Inputs and Aftertouch. (1 sustain/switch pedal is included).
Easy Access Controls
Pitch/Modulation wheels along with dedicated -/+ Transpose, Tap Tempo and sound Variation controls conveniently located right on the front panel.
Widescreen Color Display
Navigate the Forte® 7 with a new 4.3” 480x272 widescreen color LCD display.
Sound Selection with 'Surf-n-Select' Navigation
Easy Category and Program/Multi selection featuring customizable category defaults and new 'Surf-n-Select' navigation, allowing you to search for and pre-select your next Program/Multi without interrupting the current selection.
10 "Favorites" buttons conveniently located right below the Forte's display offer immediate access to your most used Programs/Multis. Support for 50 Banks (10 Favorites per bank) provides up to 500 total recallable selections!
Get deeper into editing your Forte® 7 Programs, Multis and Effects!
- 76 note fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys (Fatar TP/40L)
- 480x272 pixel color LCD with front-panel brightness adjust
- 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- KB3 is Polyphony Free*, not using any of the Forte's 128 voices.
- (*does not apply to sample-based programs)
- 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
- VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
- Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program - up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
Sample Flash Memory:
- 3.3 GB of re-loadable, non-volatile, user flash memory.
- 322 Stunning factory Programs featuring the all new vintage Japanese and German Grands, new Classic Keys, Wurlitzer, Clav, Harpsichord, Orchestral Percussion, Celeste, Glockenspiel, Chimes, Bells and Crotales along with a wide selection of sounds from the acclaimed PC3 and KORE 64™ expansion
- 186 Factory-crafted Multis - featuring up to 16 independent zones
- Easy access with adjustable relative volume (up to 16 zones)
- 500 (50 Banks of 10 Favorites each)
Kurzweil String Resonance:
Master EQ/Compressor Section:
- Front-panel 3-band EQ with sweepable mid and on/off switch
- Front-panel single-knob master compressor with separate on/off bypass switch
- Over 1000 complex effect chains, incorporated into programs featuring our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more
- 32 total FX units
- 1 pitch wheel
- 1 modulation wheel
- 9 front panel sliders (w/ LED ladders)
- 9 switches (assignable/zone mutes/KB3 control)
- 1 variation switch
- 1 tap tempo switch
- 2 transpose switches
- *3 switch pedal inputs (1 switch/sustain pedal is included)
- 2 continuous control pedal inputs
- monopressure (aftertouch)
- (*supports half-damper for pianos / half-damper pedal sold separately)
- 16 Tracks; 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more.
- 16-per Multi
- 1-per Program, 16-per Multi
- Four (2 pairs) 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs)
- Automatic mono switching on both pairs.
- +21dBu maximum output
- 50Ω balanced source impedance
- One stereo 1/8" back-panel input (with FX) for connecting your favorite MP3 player or other audio source for accompaniment playback
- 1 back-panel 1/4" headphone output
- 130mW into 32 ohm headphones
- In, Thru, Out (w/ Thru/Out switch)
- Two USB ports (one A port / one B port)
- Complete MIDI functionality over USB
- User program/multi file transfer to/from PC/Mac/Flash Drive
- Operating System updates from PC/Mac/Flash Drive
- Software Editors: External editors for Mac OS X, Windows PC and iOS* devices
- (*coming soon)
FREE OS Updates:
- OS updates over USB and/or Flash Drive
- Power cable, Switch pedal, USB cable, (4) self adhesive feet
Size and Weight:
- Height: (5.5") (14cm)
- Depth: (15.6") (39.7cm)
- Length: (43.2") (109.7cm)
- Weight: (41.4 lb.) (18.8 kg)
- Internal Power Supply, free voltage 100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 20W max