Here's what Ibanez say about the BTB746-NTL Electric 6 string bass In Natural Low Gloss
Ibanez is pleased to introduce the BTB746 to the Standard BTB line, featuring a redesigned body to follow Ibanez’s 2017 upgrades. The BTB series has greatly changed with its upgraded factors and high-end bass features. The new sleek body has a curved bevel that helps create a more elegant feel. The Mahogany body features a warm tone with rich resonance, while the Walnut top provides a tight response and warm sound with a firm low end.
The stainless frets contribute to high durability and bright tone, and the zero fret provides accurate intonation and minimal string height. The zero fret also helps open string sounds to be the same as other frets. The bridges and EQ are also upgraded. The Mono-Rail V allows a wide intonation adjustment range, and each isolated bridge works for maximum vibration transfer without interference.
The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ and 3-way midfrequency switch allow for precise tonal control (250 Hz, 450 Hz, and 700 Hz). The Bartolini® BH2 dual-coil pickups with rich low frequency provide a balanced, warm response with a tight bottom end and full midrange.
D’Addario® NYXL strings are installed, featuring a dynamic range and harmonic response. The deep cutaway of the lower horn allows effortless access to higher frets. The 18th fret neck joint of the upper horn provides tonal sustain and neck stability. The BTB’s 35-inch through-neck is constructed with 5pc of Maple and Rosewood, providing massive sustain and excellent stability. Moreover, the added neck end adjustment allows you to adjust the neck easily without loosening the strings. The extended scale length helps create a clear sound and sufficient string tension for the lower strings while adding ringing sustain to the upper strings. Other features include the secure, high-tech Neutrik® locking output jack.
- Bartolini® pickups
- Mono-rail V bridge
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band eq w/3-way Mid _frequency switch
- 24 + zero fret (All stainless frets)
- 18th fret neck joint (Upper Horn)
- Neck end adjustment
- D’Addario® NYXL strings
- Neck type : BTB6 5pc Maple/Rosewood neck-through
- Body : Walnut top/Mahogany wing body
- Fretboard : Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone dot inlay
- Fret : Medium Stainless Steel frets(+ zero fret)
- Number of frets : 24 + zero fret
- Bridge : Mono-rail V bridge
- Neck pickup : Bartolini® BH2 neck pickup
- Bridge pickup : Bartolini® BH2 bridge pickup
- Equaliser : Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band eq w/3-way Mid frequency switch
- Hardware color : Cosmo black