Here's what Ibanez say about the AFC155-JBB Electric Guitar In Jet Blue Burst
For many decades, Ibanez has been re-energizing the hollow body world with a wide variety of original designs, unrivaled playability and polished tones. By closely working with many legendary artists Ibanez is constantly striving to experiment, innovate and deliver. This enthusiasm for exploration has led to the Contemporary Archtop series, customized specifically to meet the demands of today’s cutting edge players.
The AFC155 features a larger headstock design, 3-piece Mahogany/ Maple set-in neck and bound Ebony fretboard with hand rolled fret edge treatment, thus providing maximum playing comfort and smooth articulation. It's built with a selected Spruce top, Flamed Maple back and sides with Flamed Maple bound hollow body, all dressed in beautiful high gloss transparent finish. As well as providing its stylish appearance these features help provide a balanced tone, and with the addition of plywood top, help to avoid unnecessary feedback. The rock solid Ebony compensated bridge give the output a clear intonation, longer sustain and acoustic resonance.
The AFC155 comes with the Ibanez custom made “Magic Touch-Mini” humbucker pickups, providing a balance of classic tones, alongside clear articulation on both the top and bottom of the sound spectrum. Players can enjoy the clean response on the top end, presenting fast melodies or complex chord progressions with clarity and precision. The bottom end also has a deep warm and rich classic sound, but with a clarity specially adjusted to help avoid muddy low end tones. This tonal balance is complimented by the pickups’ extra sensitivity that clearly captures and accentuates the players pick attack and plucking style opening the possibilities of a wide range of playing techniques.
Thanks to floating mount, the “Magic Touch-Mini” pickups do not dampen the guitars natural body vibration, thus allowing a bigger richer acoustic tone. These are all complimented by the newly designed pickguard, tailpiece cover and wooden control knobs. The AFC155 comes with hardshell case.
- Magic Touch-Mini pickups (floating mount)
- Compensated wooden saddle
- Ebony fretboard/bridge
- Wooden Volume/Tone control knobs
- Special designed pickguard/tailpiece for AFC series
- Flamed Maple wooden body binding
- D’Addario ECG24 flatwound strings
- Neck type : AFC 3pc Mahogany/Maple set-in neck (20 frets)
- Body : Spruce top/Flamed Maple back & sides
- Fretboard : Bound Ebony fretboard w/Mother of Pearl off-set block inlay
- Fret : Medium frets w/Artstar fret edge treatment
- Bridge : Ebony bridge
- Tailpiece : AFC tailpiece
- Neck pickup : Magic Touch Mini (H) neck pickup
- Bridge pickup : Magic Touch Mini (H) bridge pickup
- Hardware color : Gold
- Case/Bag : Hardshell case