Here's what Gretsch say about the G5420TG:
Available in a stunning Candy Apple Red satin finish, the impressively affordable G2622TG-P90 Streamliner Center Block P90 with Bigsby and Gold Hardware is designed for three simple things — high gain-friendly performance, slick, easy playability and spectacular style.
The G2622TG-P90’s sound is the perfect blend of brash and brawn with a chambered spruce center block driven to the limit by dual P90 pickups. The single-coil P90 Soap Bar pickups offer up a more transparent tone than a traditional humbucker, while retaining a thick midrange for a unique, muscular voice.
A lightweight spruce center block runs the length of the body, reinforcing the top while eliminating undesired feedback for volume-friendly performance on modern stages. Add some shimmer and expression to your playing with the gold Bigsby-licensed B70 vibrato tailpiece.
Easy to play while rocking out, the G2622TG-P90 is a phenomenal instrument for the modern musician who wants to control the stage and the audience while standing out from the pack.
- Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Satin
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoise
- Neck: Maple, Standard “U”
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Big Block
- Scale Length: 24.75” (629 mm)
Hardware and Electronics
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic
- Tailpiece: Bigsby-Licensed B70 Vibrato Tailpiece
- Pickups: P90 Soap Bar (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Vintage-Style
- Hardware Color: Gold