The Gretsch G2420T Streamliner offers big tones at an affordable price point. With its large, hollow body and powerful Broad’Tron pickups, the G2420T Streamliner has vintage styling and a unique sound that you can only get from a Gretsch.
Hollow Body Design
The hollow body single-cut design is perhaps the most iconic in the Gretsch range and you get plenty of that classic look with the G2420T. Perhaps more importantly, the completely hollow construction of this guitar gives it a tone you just can’t replicate any other way. The hollow body provides an airy tone with plenty of warmth and natural resonance that’s great for jazzier, mellow tones through to classic rockabilly playing.
The neck on the guitar is comfortable to play thanks to a few things. The thin “U” profile neck has rounded shoulders which is great for playing chords and wrapping your thumb around the neck, but the thinner profile makes it less cumbersome than a traditional “U” shape neck. This thinner profile, in combination with the 12” radius fingerboard also makes single note runs a breeze.
Pickups and Hardware
This guitar is loaded with Gretsch’s Broad’Tron BT-2S humbuckers, designed specifically for the Streamliner Collection. These pickups are high output with good low, mid, and high-end response and plenty of clarity in the highs that balances well with the natural warmth of the body. The Broad’Tron BT-2S pickups are well suited for classic country sounds all the way to punchy rock tones.
The Bigsby-licensed B60 vibrato tailpiece helps complete the classic Gretsch aesthetic; not only does it look cool, the Bigsby allows you to throw some subtle pitch shifting into your playing.
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 11.625” (295mm)
- Lower Bout: 16” (406mm)
- Waist: 9.75” (248mm)
- Neck: Nato, Thin “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Hump Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast, Nickel
- Scale Length: 24.75” (629 mm)
- Bridge: Secured Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B60
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoise
- Pickups: Broad’Tron™ BT-2S (Bridge), Broad’Tron™ BT-2S (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .010-.046 Gauges