The Gretsch Country Gentleman was first released in late 1957 as the top of the line model in the Chet Atkins series of guitars. With a simple, understated elegance, the "Country Gent" became a firm favourite of players including Roy Clark, George Harrison, John Lennon and of course, the country gentleman himself, Chet Akins.
The G6122TG Players Edition Country Gentleman pays tribute to its illustrious past whilst boasting a number of modern features for today's players. With a 17" wide Electrotone body, the Country Gentleman would be considered a large guitar, although with a depth of only 2" (which is slimmer than other Gretsch models), it feels surprisingly comfortable to play. The Standard "U"-shape set Maple neck has a vintage authenticity to it but the rolled fretboard edges give it a more comfortable, modern feel. The classy Ebony fretboard has plenty of snap and top end and is stylishly adorned in Gretsch's pearloid Neo-Classic thumbnail inlays for added authenticity.
The G6122TG is fitted with a pair of all new FT-67 Filter’Tron™ humbucker pickups which perfectly capture the legendary tone that made Gretsch famous. With crystal clear highs and a gnarly low end, the FT-67 Filter’Trons™ provide all the jingly-jangly tones you could possibly want. The addition of a treble bleed circuit ensures that your tone retains all of its clarity when you roll off the volume on the guitar, making the G6122TG an incredibly versatile guitar.
The Country Gentleman comes with the legendary String-thru Bigsby® B6GP vibrato tailpiece and an Adjusto-Matic™ bridge for all your vintage vibrato needs. The Grover® Imperial™ locking tuners ensure optimal tuning stability as well as lightning fast string changes.
The Gretsch G6122TG Players Edition Country Gentleman is available in the classic Walnut Stain finish and comes in a deluxe hardshell case.
- 17”-wide, 2”-deep maple body with parallel bracing
- Electrotone-body style has a shallow depth, sealed top and simulated f-holes
- Set “U”-shaped maple neck with 25.5” scale length
- 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 medium jumbo frets, pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays and Luminlay® side dots
- All-new FT-67 Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions
- Three-position pickup toggle switch, individual volume controls for neck and bridge pickups, master volume control with treble bleed circuit and master no-load tone control with “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitor
- String-thru Bigsby® B6GP vibrato tailpiece and Adjusto-Matic™ bridge on pinned ebony base
- Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut
- Grover® Imperial™ locking tuners and Grover strap locks
- Available in Walnut Stain with a gold vintage pickguard and gold hardware
- G6242L Gretsch® 17" deluxe hollow body hardshell case included
- Body Shape: Country Gentleman
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Profile: Standard "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305mm)
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86mm)
- Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnails
- Joint: Set
- Finish: Gold
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: String-thru Bigsby® B6GP vibrato tailpiece and Adjusto-Matic™ bridge on pinned ebony base
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Imperial™ locking tuners
- Control Knobs: Gold
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch® Logo
- Bridge Pickup: FT-67 Filter’Tron™ Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: FT-67 Filter’Tron™ Humbucker
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume w/ Treble Bleed, Master Tone w/ No-Load Pot
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Strings Gauge: Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- Case: G6242L Gretsch® 17" Deluxe Hollow Body Hardshell Case
- Accessories: Grover Strap Locks