The Gretsch G6659TG Broadkaster Jr. Singlecut is a classy, elegant addition to the Players Edition family of instruments. Made to the highest standards, this guitar is a stunning example of Gretsch's heritage, embracing a number of signature features that make a Gretsch, a Gretsch!
Sporting a pair of Full’Tron pickups for those jangly, crystal clear tones, the G6659TG Broadkaster Jr also features a Bigsby B7GP String-Thru tailpiece that ensures only the smoothest of warbles. With all-gold hardware and a Vintage White finish, this gorgeous instrument will inspire you to pick it up and play for hours on end.
Although Gretsch produce a number of solid-body models, they are perhaps more renowned for their hollow and semi-hollow instruments. The G6659TG Players Edition Broadkaster Jr. is one of the latter, with a hollow Maple body that delivers bright and vibrant tones, providing plenty of projection even when unplugged. Featuring a chambered spruce center block to add some extra rigidity to the body construction, this also serves an important tonal purpose, enhancing the body's resonance for a more organic tone.
Although a lot of vintage appointments remain intact, the G6659TG has a smaller single-cutaway body compared to its more traditional counterparts. This gives the instrument a more focused mid-range, not to mention greater playing comfort and reduced feedback.
The G6659TG's neck features a standard "U" profile, feeling substantial in the left hand for fretting open chords with ease. Adorned with a gorgeous Ebony fretboard, this sleek material offers a smooth feel and a snappy quality, giving an immediate response to notes. With the Aged Pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnail fret inlays, these elegant markers can easily help you to identify where you are at all areas of the neck.
Electronics & Hardware
Installed with dual U.S.-made Full’Trons, these pickups deliver a full-sounding chime with a wide sonic range. Having a higher output than you'd expect, these versatile pickups can handle overdrive and distortion beautifully, making it an ideal rock guitar.
The Bigsby® B7GP String-Thru tailpiece offers that old-school feel and aesthetic, with great tuning stability thanks to the high-quality set of Gotoh locking tuners. A Graph Tech TUSQ nut further improves the tuning stability, with a self-lubricating design that prevent strings from sticking when performing string bends or tremolo warbles.
- Collection: Professional Collection
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Binding: Aged White with B/W/B Purfling
- Upper Bout: 10.4375” (265 mm)
- Lower Bout: 14” (356mm)
- Waist: 8.75” (222mm)
- Neck: Maple, Standard “U”
- Neck Mounting: Dovetail
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech® TUSQ™ XL, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Scale Length: 24.6” (625 mm)
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™, Anchored
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B7GP String-Thru
- Pickguard: Tortoise with Gold Gretsch® Logo
- Pickups: Full’Tron™ (Bridge), Full’Tron™ (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And
- Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. Neck Pickup, Volume 2. Bridge Pickup, Master Volume,
- Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Arrow
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Strings: NPS, .010-.046 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: Includes G6251JR/XL Hardshell Case