Gibson Custom Shop Johnny Winter 1964 Firebird V Electric Guitar in Polaris White
Order now for delivery to you on Mon 22nd Aug 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 6999 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar is an exciting experience, but it can be a little overwhelming too. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Blues-rock pioneer Johnny Winter was synonymous with Gibson's Firebird electric guitar model. To pay tribute to the late legend, the American giant's Custom Shop division has created a stunning replica of Winter's renowned '64 Firebird to an astonishing level of detail and accuracy — from the plugged holes of the removed Maestro Vibrola, to the faded Firebird logo on the pickguard.
Other noteworthy features include a 9-ply Mahogany/Walnut neck-through-body with Mahogany wings, a bound Indian Rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid inlays, two Alnico 5 Firebird pickups, deluxe "banjo" tuners, and a Murphy Lab custom-aged Polaris White finish. It's the ultimate instrument for Johnny Winter fans!
- Murphy Lab Finish — Artificially-aged nitro finish gives the guitar a played-in look and feel; just like a real '64 Firebird!
- Neck-Through Construction — Yields the thick and sustain-rich sound that Gibson Firebirds are coveted for.
- Authentic '64 Neck Shape — 'Medium C' profile provides superb comfort and a real "time capsule" feel.
- Indian Rosewood Fingerboard — Smooth and silky material, featuring a comfortable 12" radius and 22 reissue frets.
- Gibson Firebird Alnico 5 Pickups — Punchy mini humbuckers allow you to cut through the mix with ease; delivering tight lows, barking mid-range and vibrant highs.
- No-Wire ABR-1 Bridge — Legendary Gibson 'Tune-O-Matic' design. Easily-adjustable and maximises string vibration transference through the body.
- Deluxe Banjo Tuners — What Firebirds are known for! Allow for precise string pitching and complement the elegant headstock design.
- Case & Candy — High-quality Gibson hardshell case perfectly protects this exquisite Custom Shop creation, with a certificate of authenticity, Jim Dunlop Johnny Winter slide & various extras included inside!
- Body Shape: Firebird
- Body Material: 9-Ply Mahogany/Walnut Neck-Through
- Side: Solid Mahogany Wings
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Murphy Lab Aged
- Neck Material: 9-Ply Mahogany/Walnut Neck-Through
- Neck Profile: Authentic '64 Medium C-Shape
- Neck Joint: Neck-Through Construction
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Reissue
- Inlays: Aged Celluloid Trapezoids
- Nut Material: Corian
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Hardware Finish: Nickel and Chrome
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Chrome-Plated Aluminium Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Banjo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White/Black/White
- Control Knobs: True Historic Black Top Hats with Silver Inserts
- Neck Pickup: Firebird Alnico 5
- Bridge Pickup: Firebird Alnico 5
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 500K CTS Potentiometers, Hand-Wired Harness
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Strings Gauge: 10-46
- Case: Custom Shop Hardshell
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity, 8x10 photograph signed by legendary photographer Mick Rock (known as "The Man Who Shot the '70s"), a Johnny Winter slide from Jim Dunlop, and four Johnny Winter/Gibson Custom picks from Jim Dunlop
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable