Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
1956 was the only full year in which the Les Paul model featured the powerful P-90 pickup pairing and adjustable ABR-1 bridge setup — a combination that allowed the Les Paul model to intonate, sustain, and thrill like never before.
This Gibson Custom Shop '56 Reissue captures the look, feel and searing sound of an original 1956 Les Paul Goldtop in exhaustive detail. It features all-solid woods, vintage-accurate gold paint, authentic replica parts, "Historic Gibson" narrow/tall frets and hot hide glue construction.
The Murphy Lab 'Ultra Light Aged' finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of subtle playing wear — giving it the unique character, vibe and feel of an original example from Gibson's "Golden Era".
- Shape: Les Paul
- Top: 2-Piece Plain Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back: 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer, Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Chunky C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Historic Gibson Narrow/Tall
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Knobs: Butyrate Gold Top Hats
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring
- Plating: Nickel, Murphy Lab Light Aged
- Neck Pickup: Custom Soapbar P-90
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Soapbar P-90
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings: 10-46
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity, Mounted Custom Shop Switch Plate Medallion, Reissue Switch Backplate in Case