Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
1961 saw Gibson's flagship solid-body electric guitar, the Les Paul, undergo some significant aesthetic changes — most notably an all-new, double-cutaway body design that would later be renamed the SG. This incredibly special Gibson Custom Shop model celebrates the 60th Anniversary of that instrument and its first year of production; capturing the spirit of those highly-coveted originals.
Almost every detail adheres to the blueprint of the 1961 model, featuring a unique "Sideways" Vibrola, a period-correct neck profile, Kluson reissue tuners, a pair of PAF-style Custombucker pickups, CTS vintage-taper pots and Black Beauty capacitors. It's a true "time capsule" guitar that will evoke plenty of '60s nostalgia!
- Mahogany Construction — Timeless tonewood (used for the body/neck) yields the thick and sustain-rich sound synonymous with Gibson guitars.
- Non-Weight Relieved Body — Old-school design; gives the instrument a substantial feel and captures that iconic vintage sound.
- Nitrocellulose 'VOS' Finish — Traditional lacquer; allows the guitar to "breathe" and resonate more freely. It'll age beautifully over time too!
- Authentic '61 Neck Shape — Thin profile allows for fast playability at all areas of the Mahogany neck.
- Indian Rosewood Fingerboard — Smooth and silky material, featuring a comfortable 12" radius and 22 frets.
- Authentic Medium Jumbo Frets — Offer a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends.
- Gibson Custombucker Pickups — Provide nostalgic 'PAF' humbucking tones; featuring alnico III magnets that produce a punchy mid-range character with smooth, rounded highs.
- ABR-1 Bridge — Legendary Gibson 'Tune-O-Matic' design. Easily-adjustable and maximises string vibration transference through the body.
- "Sideways" Vibrola — A side-pull action vibrato similar to those found on vintage models from the early 1960s.
- Kluson Reissue Tuners — High-quality design allows for precise pitching and ensures years of reliable use. Boasts elegant "tulip" buttons.
- Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case — Perfectly protects this exquisite Custom Shop creation against knocks on the road!
- Shape: SG
- Material: 1-Piece Solid Mahogany
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer (VOS)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '61 Thin Profile
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Cream Binding
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Sideways Vibrola
- Tuners: Kluson Reissue Double Ring
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Inserts
- Finish: Aged Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 500K CTS Potentiometers, Hand-Wired Harness with Black Beauty Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings Gauge: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity