Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
The ES-335 model is one of the most recognisable in Gibson’s iconic instrument range. Considered by many as the quintessential semi-hollow guitar, this beautiful Custom Shop 1964 VOS model recaptures the essence of these timeless instruments.
Sure to appeal to traditionalists, the Gibson Custom Shop 1964 ES-335 has many time-honoured features, including an old-school VOS nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
The ES-335 is regarded for its elegant semi-hollow body, which allows you to achieve bright and open sounds with plenty of natural acoustic-like volume. Formed from a 3-ply Maple/Poplar combination, these tonewoods give this guitar plenty of vibrancy and top-end definition. The Vintage Petrina nitro VOS finish is the pinnacle of aged Gibson semi-hollows – slick aged looks, smooth feel and resonant sound all in one.
To add some warmth, the ES-335's body is paired with a solid Mahogany neck; topped with an Indian Rosewood fingerboard for a silky feel under the fingers, complete with hide glue fit. The neck adheres to Gibson's ’64 medium C profile, offering just the right amount of grip that’ll keep both traditionalists and contemporary players happy.
Electronics & Hardware
A double-dose of medium-output Alnico III Custombuckers offer a balanced, warm tone with a beautifully dynamic break-up. Although semi-hollow guitars are more synonymous with jazz players, with distortion these humbuckers can get raunchy in no time.
Next up, the ’64 335 VOS comes installed with an ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge, providing a stable and solid feel under the picking hand. With its simple and accessible design making it easy to adjust your action and intonation, you can easily manipulate your setup on-the-fly. Fitted with nickel-plated brass saddles, their traditional-style design yields greater sustain and top-end sparkle.
- Body Material: 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Centerblock: Solid Maple
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '64 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Small Block Cellulose Nitrate
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Saddle Material: Nylon
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Single Line, Double Ring
- Pickguard: Black 5-Ply Wide Bevel
- TrussRod: Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume/2 Tone CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: Switchcraft