The Fender American Original 60s Tele captures the spirit of the worlds first popular solidbody electric guitar. By the 60s, the Tele was given a stunning Rosewood board to mellow out the top-end and the double-bound body acts a touch of class that you can't get from anything else.
The Pure Vintage '64 pickups compliment the hot tones that you'd expect. The modern fretboard radius combined with vintage mid-60s C shaped neck makes for a modern, playable guitar.
The American Original Range
The American Original range focus on decades rather specific years - which could get quite confusing at times.
These guitars have also got a Modern fretboard radius and modern switching. This is helpful because though the old switching systems were period-correct, they weren’t always the most useful to have on-board.
One of the best things about the American Original guitars is their Nitro-Cellulose finish which is done to ensure that these instruments resonate like the Fender guitars of old. The Nitro finish is thinner than a modern gloss finish and this allows the wood to breathe and resonate.
The nitro finish will also mean the guitar will age beautifully. So your instrument will grow old with you and simply sound better with age as the wood and finish settles.
Here's what Fender say about the American Original 60s Tele
One of the most versatile guitars ever created, the Telecaster is easily at home in any genre, thanks to its flexible sound, alluring style and smooth playing feel. In 1960, we offered rosewood as the standard fingerboard wood and launched the Telecaster Custom, an elegant model with a double-bound body and 3-ply pickguard. The American Original '60s Telecaster combines period-accurate sound and style from this electrifying decade with modern, fast-playing feel and pickup switching.
The Pure Vintage '64 single-coil Telecaster pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The bridge pickup's copper shielding plate adds some zing to your tone, while the pole pieces are staggered for balanced volume between the strings. The mid-'60s ""C""-shaped neck profile gracefully fills the fret hand, while the 9.5""-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard will feel familiar to any player. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware-including three steel saddles-vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood ""breathe"" naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
A legendary instrument, the American Original '60s Telecaster is the best way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender the foundation of modern music.
- Alder body with lacquer finish
- Two Pure Vintage '64 single-coil Telecaster pickups
- Mid-60s ""C""-shaped neck profile; 9.5""-radius fingerboard
- Vintage-style hardware; Telecaster bridge with three steel saddles
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case
- Series: American Original
- Body Material: Double Bound Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, ‘60s “C”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line “Fender Deluxe”
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage Style Tele® with Barrel Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Eggshell
- Pickups: Pure Vintage ‘64 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Tele (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and
- Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Black Hardshell (Black Interior)