The top of the line American Original series boasts the highest build quality, specs and sound of any Fender production guitar. What you're getting here are specific features associated with a decade of Fender history.
The '60s Jaguar employs a sophisticated control layout like the Jazzmaster, an elegant offset body shape and short scale playing experience.
In the build department, the '60s Jaguar deviates very little from the original formula. It's made of a nitro lacquered alder body with a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard packing 21 tall frets.
The short scale Jaguar fretboard is the guitar's biggest draw, as it makes jumping between frets that much easier than a larger instrument. The classic tremolo bridge also provides further characterful options to your playing.
Its Pure Vintage '62 single coil duo sound lively and dynamic. They're suited ideally to edge-of-breakup and hotter driven tones which were popularised at the time. The extended control layout lends itself to experimentation and tonal discovery at its fullest potential.
- Series: American Original
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Daphne Blue
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jaguar
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Pickups: Pure Vintage '62 Single-Coil Jaguar
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Pickup Switching: 2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Bridge: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic