Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Brent Mason is a prolific session guitarist who has recorded on over 1,000 albums during his 50-year long career. Working with the likes of Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton and Carrie Underwood; Mason has truly reached legendary status with his signature licks heard in countless classic country songs.
Masterbuilt Brent Mason Telecaster
The Limited Edition Brent Mason Telecaster, masterbuilt by Kyle McMillin, is essentially a replica of the Nashville legend's heavily-modified '66'/'67 Telecaster that has been used on countless recordings and performances. For this detailed recreation, the Fender Custom Shop team worked closely with Mason - painstakingly disassembling the guitar, measuring every detail precisely and examining every last part.
Truly, it’s hard to tell this instrument from the custom-powerhouse original guitar Mason has put through its paces for so many years. From the black grease and oil marks on the primer-grey custom 'Heavy Relic' finish to the heavily-worn Quartersawn Maple neck, it effortlessly harkens back to Mason’s hard-played and long-serving original. It also comes outfitted with the same unconventional pickup configuration and control layout - not to mention a B-Bender too!
The Brent Mason Telecaster features the old-school Ash/Maple construction that so many of Fender's classic instruments adhere to. While the balanced-sounding Ash body serves as a fantastic tonal foundation for the trio of Seymour Duncan pickups, the Maple neck gives this instrument a definitive snap and plenty of upper mid-range clarity.
Both the body and neck are finished in nitrocellulose, with its porous coating allowing for an airier sound with lots of natural resonance. Incredibly smooth too, this allows you to play the 1967 "C"-shaped neck without any stickiness hindering your speed.
Seymour Duncan Pickups
This just might be one of the most versatile Telecasters you'll ever come across! Featuring an unusual combination of Seymour Duncan pickups comprising a Vintage Mini humbucker (neck), Hot Stack Strat STK-S2 (middle) and Vintage Stack Tele (bridge), the Brent Mason Telecaster provides you a super-wide palette of tones that can cover almost any genre! It's the perfect session guitar for an iconic session player.
The pickups are all wired to a custom control assembly with an individual volume for the middle pickup, a push/pull tone knob that deactivates the middle pickup when pulled, and three-way blade switching.
- Body Material: 2-Piece Offset Seam Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: ’67 “C” Back-Shape
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Vintage Stack Tele STK-T3B
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Hot Stack Strat STK-S2
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Vintage Mini HB
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck/Bridge); Volume 2. (Middle); Master Tone (Push/Pull Turns Off Middle Pickup)
- Wiring: Custom Brent Mason
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Bridge: Custom 6-Saddle String-Through-Body with Modified Plate and Saddles for Joe Glaser B-Bender System
- Hardware Finish: Chrome/Gold-Plated
- Tuning Machines: Sperzel Locking
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome Gold
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Extras: Strap and Certificate of Authenticity