The Fender Professional Strat is one of those guitars that needs no introduction. It's got the classic look and sound heard over countless records since the '50s! Features include V-Mod and Shawbucker pickups, a fantastic fret design that makes bending a breeze and a comfortable tapered neck for even better playing comfort.
The HSS model is regarded as a 'superstrat' due to its immense versatility. It's the best of both worlds thanks to a bridge humbucker and singlecoils in the neck and middle positions, giving you those sought after out-of-phase Strat sounds.
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an official Fender hardshell case.
The Bridge humbucker was designed by Tim Shaw and is renowned as the go-to Fender humbucker, all down to its bite and power.
V-mod pickups have each been voiced for their position in the guitar rather than the same pickup put into each position as they were before. The new V-Mod pickups are a combination of Alnico so that you can optimise the volume (and tone) of each string in each position.
Each pickup is made up of a blend of Alnico magnet types for the neck and middle pickup (Such as Alnico V or Alnico II). The American Professional models also have the Treble Bleed Circuit which keeps the trebles pronounced, even when turning the volume down.
The neck shape is the new Deep C profile which is a tapered neck. This means it’s thinner at the headstock end where you play chords and may want to get your thumb over the top to fret the E-String. The neck flattens out the higher up you go to make faster playing a bit easier and a bit more fluid.
The Narrow-Tall frets make bending a little bit easier as they don’t provide as much friction or resistance as vintage frets do. And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder or Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles and Pop-In Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickups: Shawbucker™ 1 (Bridge), V-Mod Single-Coil Strat (Middle), V-Mod Single-Coil Strat (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Special Electronics: Dual 250K/500K Volume Potentiometer
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)