Here's what Faith say about the Neptune Baritone:
The Faith Neptune Baritone HiGloss is the very first Baritone model we have produced. Featuring one of our favourite shapes – the baby-jumbo Neptune – the new Baritone features a longer neck and scale length (680mm) and is fitted with longer, higher gauge strings allowing it to be tuned to a lower register.
A longer scale length means lower registers can be achieved without strings turning all floppy and sounding pretty horrible. The longer neck allows the use of heavier gauge strings which in turn means you can tune each string much lower than usual, yet maintain the correct, playable string tension.
So, you can still tune your Baritone in standard tuning and play the same chord shapes you’re used to, yet achieve a much lower sound. Common standard Baritone tunings include A D G C E A (a 5th lower) or a B E A D F♯ B (a 4th lower).
A staple of a wide range of musical styles from jazz, hard rock, surf, and even fingerstyle acoustic music. The darker, slightly more ominous tone works perfectly for certain types of music and is nigh-on impossible to achieve on a standard acoustic guitar that typically operates in the higher tuning registers that therefore deliver a brighter sound.
A good Baritone should sound low enough in the mix to stand out from a standard acoustic yet still sit high enough to cut through above the bass. Our HiGloss Baritone features an all-over high-gloss finish that is particularly effective in aiding the natural resonance of the Neptune body shape while ensuring a fantastic level of clarity, string articulation and volume is achieved.
Faith HiGloss series are designed to offer both visual and aural beauty. Using high grade Englemann Spruce for the top and highly-figured Rosewood for the back and sides, HiGloss models feature solid Flamed Maple binding and Macassan Ebony for the fingerboard, bridge, headplate and heelcap.
- Top Wood: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Back Wood: Solid Rosewood
- Side Wood: Solid Rosewood
- Binding: Solid Flamed Maple
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Grover Rotomatic Gold
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle: TUSQ (PQ-6116)/(PQ-9110)
- Nut Width: 45mm / String Spacing 56mm
- Bridge: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Finish Type: High Gloss Top, Back and Sides
- Preamp / Pickup: Fishman INK3 Preamp with undersaddle pickup