Despite being a relatively small brand, Faith produce some amazing quality acoustic guitars that deliver well above what there price-points suggest. With excellent craftsmanship and features, these guitars are meant to be played, not just live but also in the studio.
Their Naked series is what happens when everything is stripped away and you are just left with the essentials. The Naked range is about bringing Faith’s amazing guitars to a wider market, providing a guitar that is even more affordable and within the reach of less-experienced players. With a simpler, less-flash design, the focus is on the sound of the instrument.
Sound and Feel:
The Neptune series is a staple of their line-up, with its baby-Jumbo-sized body offering a big and powerful tones in a less cumbersome size than a Jumbo. The Mahogany back and sides produce a warm sound with plenty of bottom-end, supporting a vocal perfectly. You can also play it live right out of the box thanks to the built in electronics.
The satin-finished neck feels smooth and fast, not hindering you in any way. This is particularly good if you sweat a lot on stage, as the finish will not feel sticky. An Indian Rosewood fretboard gives a classy look to the instrument, but also blends well with the body tonewoods to deliver a balanced tone with a solid mid-range that will let you cut through.
Here's What Faith Say About the Naked Series Neptune:
This Faith Neptune model is based upon Patrick James Eggle's highly acclaimed 'Saluda' shape.
A Baby-Jumbo size with a 16" lower bout, the Neptune is the perfect model for those seeking acoustic power without the physical bulk of a full-sized Jumbo.
The Spruce top and Mahogany body of each of the Faith Naked instruments is 100% solid tonewood – in keeping with all other Faith series. However, the cosmetics and non-essential dressing has been stripped away, leaving the guitars in their natural, Naked state. Satin finished all over, the tonewood is almost entirely unrestricted in its resonant movement, so the tone delivered is far beyond what is normally expected at this price level.
- Top Wood: Solid Sitka Spruce (2 Stage Satin)
- Back Wood: Solid Indonesian Mahogany (2 Stage Satin)
- Side Wood: Solid Indonesian Mahogany (2 Stage Satin)
- Binding: N/A
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette: 2mm Abalone
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard: Indonesian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head: Faith Precision Chrome
- Trussrod: 2 Way
- Nut/Saddle: NuBone
- Nut Width: Nut 43mm / String Spacing 55mm
- Bridge: Indonesian Rosewood
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony with Abalone Dots Finish
- Finish Type: 2 Stage Satin all over