Few players have had as big an influence on the electric guitar as Eddie Van Halen. His instantly recognisable technique inspired millions of players around the world and continues to do so today. A self confessed "tone chaser", Eddie's sound was constantly evolving from his Plexi powered "Brown Sound" of the late 1970s, to his high gain, harmoniser infused sound of the 1990s. When it came to his tone, Eddie was a man who knew exactly what we wanted and would stop at nothing to attain it, even if it meant building his own guitars! Although Eddie sadly passed in 2020, his legacy lives on in his music and of course, his EVH brand of guitars and amplifiers.
The EVH 5150 Iconic Series is a nod of the head towards Eddie's "Block Letter" 5150 amps from the early 1990s. Designed by renowned amp engineer, James Brown, the 80W head features, two channels, 1/4 power switch for home use, a built in effects loop and a solo boost, making it an exceptionally versatile amp. The XLR DI Out w/Speaker Simulation give you plenty of options for capturing the tone either live or in the studio.
With global controls for Treble, Mid and Bass as well as Resonance and Presence, it's easy to dial in a great sound. The JJ 6L6 Power and AX7 Pre-Amp Valves provide plenty of saturation whilst the built in noise gate keeps amp hiss and background noise to a minimum. All 5150 Iconic Series amps come with a two button footswitch and are available in Black or Ivory vinyl finishes.
- 80 Watts with 1/4 Power Switch - At 80 watts, the 5150 head is loud...very loud, and certainly enough to comfortably gig with. The 1/4 power switch knocks the amp down to 20 watts allowing to you achieve the same searing valve tones at home at a neighbour friendly volume!
- Built In Solo Boost - We've all been there...You're playing live, the band is sounding great and you get to the guitar solo and suddenly nobody can you hear you! The 5150 has a built in solo boost which can be activated via the two-button footswitch, so your face melting solos can be heard over the band!
- Built In Noise Gate - If you've ever played through a high gain amp, you'll be familiar with the amount of noise and hiss they produce. The 5150's built in noise gate allows you to get rid of any unwanted noise whilst preserving your natural tone.
- Effects Loop - The effects loop allows to you place your delay and modulation effects after the the amp's preamp section. This helps to retain the clarity of the effects if you are using a lot of gain from the amp.
- Controls: Gain (Channel 1 & 2), Noise Gate, Low, Mid, High, Volume (Channel 1 & 2), Boost, Reverb, Resonance, Presence
- Voltage: 240v
- Wattage: 80 watts with 1/4 power switch
- Inputs: 1
- Speaker Jack: 2
- Channels: 2
- Effects: Reverb, Built in Effects Loop
- Pre Amp Tubes: 2 x JJ AX7
- Power Tubes: 4 x JJ 6L6
- 2-Button Footswitch Included