Please note: This is the unsigned version.
Slash and Epiphone are back with a new signature model! This time its the classic Firebird that's getting a makeover. With an all-mahogany solid body construction and signature Slash Seymour Duncan humbuckers, this limited edition is built to rock!
Body and Neck
This guitar features a three-piece solid mahogany construction with a matching long-tenon glued-in neck. The mahogany gives the guitar a punchy low-end emphasis that's perfectly suited for biting rock tones. The other benefit of mahogany is that it has great sustain, which is helped by the glued-in mahogany neck, which is perfect for when you want to bust out an epic solo like Slash.
The Slash signature also features a AAA flame maple top which helps give the guitar a striking appearance and some say adds brightness to the tone.
The fingerboard is made from pau ferro, a wood that, unlike rosewood, does not currently have any CITES restrictions on it. The fingerboard radius is 12" which is comfortable for fretting chords but makes playing leads and soaring bends far easier than on guitars with more curved radii.
This Firebird comes loaded with dual Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Slash APH-2 humbuckers, and as they are designed for Slash himself, you know these things will rock. These moderate output pickups have a vintage sound and plenty of sustain and give you a piece of that instantly recognisable Slash tone.
Other features include a LockTone ABR bridge and tailpiece for improved sustain as well as a 3-way pickup selector and 2 volume and 2 tone knobs for versatile tone shaping.
- Body Material: 3-piece Mahogany
- Top Material: AAA Flamed Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Color: Translucent Black
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Custom "Slash" D profile
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearl Trapezoids
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Epiphone LockTone ABR
- Tuners: Kluson Reissue, 12:1 ratio
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Slash APH-2 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Slash APH-2 Humbucker
- Controls: 2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch