A Texan with a little bit of British flavour. Made famous by Paul McCartney and Peter Frampton, the Texan is based on the original ‘60s acoustic and packs plenty of retro panache.
The Texan is made of a mahogany body and spruce tonewood combination, providing a warm tone with plenty of directness and amplified by its boomy, thick dreadnought shape. Looks-wise, the Texan has a simple, yet classy natural finish. Hardware appointments include a bone nut and saddle combination for excellent tuning stability and vibrations throughout the instrument.
Its traditional 1960s Slim Taper ‘C’ neck is incredibly easy to fret and offers a well-rounded playing experience along with the 12” laurel fretboard and medium jumbo frets. This is the best Epiphone have come up with yet in advanced acoustic playability. Big engulfing chords are the Texan’s bread and butter. The ideal guitar to hold up a backbone to your sound.
- Body Shape: Texan
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back: Mahogany
- Side: Mahogany
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Traditional 1960s Slim Taper C Profile
- Scale Length: 25.5" / 647.7mm
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Parallelograms
- Joint: Glued in
- Bridge: Advanced Jumbo Reverse Belly
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: 3 on a side with Ivory Buttons
- TrussRod: Adjustable
- Strap Buttons: 2
- Under Saddle Pickup: Fishman
- Output Jack: 1/4" Heavy-Duty Epiphone
- Preamp: Fishman OEM-SON-GT2 Sonitone OEM System, 9-volt battery