The Duesenberg 59er is a pure, old-school rock 'n' roll machine. Like most Duesenbergs, this German-designed instrument mixes vintage style with modern functionality, and can easily become your favourite workhorse for both live and studio use. Featuring a powerful H/H pickup configuration, you can attain punchy LP-style tones from this stylish, retro-esque guitar.
The 59er is one of just a few solid-body guitars in Duesenberg's catalogue. This means that you can achieve rich tones from its Mahogany body; a material that is popular for projecting a thick low-end sound. To reduce weight, however, Duesenberg has chambered the body. This makes it not only more ergonomic, but also enhances resonance and sustain.
The body is paired with a 1-piece set Mahogany neck, with its profile carved to a classic 'D' shape. This neck profile will suit traditionalists in particular, however it is thin enough to satisfy contemporary players too. Finishing off the wood choices, you have an Indian Rosewood fingerboard that feels super-silky under the fingers.
Duesenberg guitars feature the brand's very own high-quality hardware, machined to handle even the most demanding of playing scenarios. The 59er comes with their easy-to-adjust 'Steel Saddle' bridge, paired with a tasteful Aluminium tailpiece that really enhances sustain.
The Z-Tuners are also very elegant; keeping your tuning rock solid while easing the string-changing process. No more sharp string ends poking out!
Glorious Duesenberg Pickups
The Duesenberg 59er is one of the most powerful-sounding guitars in the range, thanks to its dual-humbucker configuration. Boasting a pair of Duesenberg's 'GrandVintage' pickups, these emit a focused PAF-style tone with a medium output.
The neck humbucker is suitable for achieving creamy lead tones, and is perfect for jazz chord sequences when using clean amp settings. Flick to the bridge pickup and you're in rock territory; truly in its element with mild overdrive or sizzling distortion. Aacclaimed for their clarity and precision, these pickups allow your playing articulation to really shine through.
- Neck Joint: Set-in
- Wood: 1-piece mahogany
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Pearloid diamonds
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5"
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Rosewood
- Type: Solid mahogany with sound chambers
- Top: Arched solid maple
- Size: 44 x 32,5 cm / 17.32" x 12.6"
- Height (sides): 4.5 cm / 1.8"
- Binding: Cream
- Pickguard: Black
- Finish: PUR lacquer
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tailpiece: Aluminum stop tailpiece
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: Nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg GrandVintage Humbucker
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg GrandVintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Case: Premium Line case (included)
- Tools: All required allen keys included