Please Note: The MIDI Box is a MIDI signal converter only, you cannot use it to control MIDI functions.
Disaster Area's impressive MIDI Box has been updated to offer even more compatibility, introducing the MIDI Box 4! The MIDI Box 4 takes a 5-pin MIDI input and converts to 1/4-inch for up to four outputs. Disaster Area have improved the MIDI Box formula with external dip switches that allow you to configure each output for the pedal you're using.
With the MIDI Box 4 you can convert a 5-pin MIDI input into an appropriate 1/4" MIDI output for a variety of pedals from brands including Alexander Effects, Meris, Chase Bliss Audio, Boss, and more. Each output has a set of easily accessible dip switches assigned to it that alter the configuration to match how different pedals receive MIDI. The dip switch settings are as follows:
- Tip Active: Suitable for Alexander Pedals, Meris, Empress Effects, and other devices using voltage mode on the jack tip
- Ring Active: Suitable for Chase Bliss Audio and other devices using voltage mode on the jack ring
- Tip and Ring Active: Separate outputs on the top and ring of the jack which allows for two MIDI outputs using a TRS insert cable.
- TRS MIDI: Active tip with the ring terminal pulled high, compatible with Boss and other pedals that use the MIDI TRS specification.
- Power: Requires 9-12v DC input, 50mA maximum.
- Status LED: Lights blue when powered, red when receiving MIDI data
- MIDI Thru
- Dimensions: 112 mm x 60 mm x 27 mm (excluding jacks)
Chase Bliss Audio: All current pedals. Connect with TRS cable, set port to RING ACTIVE.
- Dark World
- Spectre (all versions)
- Tonal Recall (blue and RKM)
- Warped Vinyl Mk1 (supports MIDI clock only)
- Warped Vinyl Mk2 and HiFi
- Wombtone Mk1 (supports MIDI clock only)
- Wombtone Mk2
Alexander Pedals: All Neo Series pedals. Connect with mono / TS cable. Set port to TIP ACTIVE.
- Colour Theory
- F.13 Neo
- Radical Delay DX
- Sky 5000
- Space Race
- Super Neo-Matic
- Syntax Error
Empress Effects: Connect with mono / TS cable. Set port to TIP ACTIVE.
- Tremolo 2
Meris: All current pedals. Connect with mono / TS cable. Set port to TIP ACTIVE.
- Mercury 7
- Ottobit Jr
Bondi Effects: Connect with mono / TS cable. Set port to TIP ACTIVE.
- Art Van Delay
Boss: All 200-series pedals with 1/8″ MIDI jacks. Use TRS / stereo cable. Set port to TRS MIDI.
Jackson Audio: All MIDI-compatible pedals. Use TRS / stereo cable. Set port to TRS MIDI.
- Golden Boy
- Broken Arrow v2
- Bloom v2
Swindler Effects: All MIDI-compatible pedals. Use TRS / stereo cable. Set port to TRS MIDI.
- The Gulf v2
- Red Mountain v2
Cooper FX: All MIDI-compatible pedals. Use TRS / stereo cable. Set port to TRS MIDI.
- Outward v2