Here's what Charvel says about the Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 2 24 HH HT CM:
Charvel’s all-new ultimate in sonic sophistication and design virtuosity is the Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 2 24 HH HT CM — a stunning summit of modern Charvel vibe, power and performance. With one of the most beloved and iconic body shapes as our starting block, our innovative design team sculpted even more dramatic curves for enhanced ergonomic comfort. The alder So-Cal Style 2 body also features a scalloped lower back bout and shredder’s cut heel for easier upper fret access and hours of grin-inducing playing-feel and performance.
A graphite-reinforced bolt-on maple neck offers rock-solid stability regardless of ravages of the road and climate, while a heel-mount truss rod adjust thumbwheel makes for quick and easy neck relief tweaks. Engineered for effortlessly nimble and highly-expressive playing, the So-Cal Style 2 has a speed neck profile with hand-rubbed urethane finish on the back and a 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets, pearloid dot inlays and Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut. Luminlay side dots will guide your way along the fretboard, even on the darkest of stages.
Built for unparalleled performance and versatile sound, this instrument is equipped with multi-voiced Fishman Fluence Open Core PRF-COC pickups for layered, dynamic tone. The bridge pickup delivers quintessential hot-rodded humbucking tone without all the baggage (voice one), or ideal vintage PAF humbucking tone calibrated for perfect output (voice two). Similarly, the neck pickup delivers a Fluence-exclusive tone with clear and airy chime, unbelievable high end, highly vocal mid-range and tight lows (voice one), or an ideal-but-elusive vintage PAF tone with just the right dynamics and output (voice two).
A two-way mini toggle allows you to switch between these two voicings, while a tone control with push/pull activation bypasses the mini toggle to activate voice three, which outputs clear, vintage single-coil tone on the neck pickup or slightly overwound single-coil tone on the bridge. Throw in the three-way blade pickup switch and volume control knob and tonal possibilities are virtually endless.
This axe also features a Charvel HT6 string-through-body hardtail bridge with brass saddles, providing endless sustain with laser intonation, as well as Charvel-branded sealed die-cast locking tuners and standard strap buttons.
A sophisticated new offering ready to spawn waves of sonic bliss, the Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 2 24 HH HT CM is finished in either Satin Black with black pickguard and black hardware or Snow White with parchment pickguard and chrome hardware. Both models feature a reverse licensed Fender Telecaster headstock for even more unique Charvel style.
- Body Shape: So-Cal Style 2
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: Caramelized Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Caramelized Maple, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: 4mm Pearloid Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech TUSQ XL, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Reverse Licensed Fender Telecaster
- Tuning Machines: Charvel-Branded Die-Cast Locking
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Charvel HT6 String-Through-Body Hardtail With Brass Saddles
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Pickups: Fishman Fluence Open Core PRF-COC (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Both Outer Coils, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Aux Switching: 2-Way Mini Toggle (Switches Between Voice 1 and Voice 2)
- Controls: Volume, Tone (with Push/Pull Activation for Voice 3)
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)