Here's what Charvel says about the Joe Duplantier Signature Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 2 HH E Mahogany:
French avant-metal quartet Gojira has cemented itself as one of paramount metal acts of the new-millennium. Led by singer, vocalist, and principal songwriter Joe Duplantier, the band has always dealt in extremes — uncovering light in darkness and finding beauty in heaviness while also searching to expand the sonic palette. Charvel proudly honors Duplantier with a distinctively elegant and ferocious signature model worthy of those musical pursuits.
Designed with the latest in Charvel high performance, the Joe Duplantier Signature Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 2 HH E Mahogany captures all of his preferred style and specs, including all-new pickups. A big fan of DiMarzio’s PAF 36th Anniversary neck pickup, Duplantier sought something with a slightly more robust low end for his bridge pickup. The all-new Joe Duplantier signature DiMarzio Fortitude humbucking bridge pickup completely respond to his needs — from crushing, heavy riffs to beautiful open soundscapes and everything in between. Combined with the PAF, these pickups deliver vintage tone with a twist.
A raw beauty, the San Dimas body is crafted out of mahogany with a specially contoured heel for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The graphite-reinforced bolt-on mahogany neck refuses to budge, despite heavy touring and dramatic climate changes. The heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel makes neck relief tweaks a breeze, while the oiled finish on the back of the neck provides smooth playability. Built for speed, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets with pearloid big block inlays.
Other features include three-way toggle pickup switching, knurled volume control knob in special placement slightly back from playing position, Charvel compound radius compensated bridge with anchored tailpiece and Charvel locking tuners. Built to take a pounding while delivering pulverizing tone, this signature axe is also easy on the eyes with its Natural finish, chrome hardware, worn nickel pickup bobbins and licensed Fender Telecaster headstock.
- Body Shape: San Dimas Style 2
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Big Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Licensed Fender Telecaster
- Tuning Machines: Charvel-Branded Die-Cast Locking
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Charvel Fully Adjustable Radius Compensated Bridge with Anchored Tailpiece
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Joe Duplantier Signature Fortitude
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio PAF 36th Anniversary
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)