Chapman's take on the classic T-style reaches new heights with this iteration of the ML3 Pro Traditional! Loaded with Seymour Duncan "Hot Tele" single-coils, the ML3 Pro Traditional offers fat yet versatile T-style tones with plenty of iconic "spank".
While the sound may be old-school — the rock-solid roasted maple neck, rolled fingerboard edges and jumbo stainless steel frets give it a smooth, modern feel. That classy metallic purple finish and gold hardware is also sure to turn heads too!
- Alder Body — Timeless tonewood choice synonymous with bolt-on electric guitars. Provides a balanced tonal foundation for the pickups, with tight lows, bold mids and singing highs.
- USA Seymour Duncan "Hot Tele" Pickups — Capture the legendary T-style sound, but with added mid-range and more output for a punchier tone.
- Roasted Maple Neck — Natural moisture is removed from the timber, making it far less vulnerable to warping when exposed to varying climates. This ensures incredible tuning stability!
- Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets — Large, corrosion-resistant frets provide a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends. Enhanced with the smooth rolled-edge fingerboard treatment.
- Graph Tech TUSQ Nut — Low-friction material minimises unwanted tuning slips and enhances sustain.
- Hipshot Grip-Lock Tuners —Locking design secures strings to makes changes fast and hassle-free, while 18:1 ratio allows you to precisely tune to pitch.
This ML3 Pro Traditional boasts an alder body with a sleek alder carve top, giving the instrument a well-balanced sound. Featuring both front and back contours, the ML3 is a fine fit against your body whether seated or standing — offering lots of comfort.
It has a satin-finished roasted maple neck which looks and feels great, but has the added benefit of increased stability. The matching roasted maple fingerboard provides a smooth playing surface, while the rolled fingerboard edges further add to the stellar playability of this guitar.
Seymour Duncan Pickups
Chapman have loaded this guitar with Seymour Duncan "Hot Tele" single-coils. These pickups are hotter than vintage-output T-style single-coils, meaning that you can still attain classic T-type tones but with a punchier sound that possesses greater mid-range emphasis. Create rich, rounded rhythms on the neck pickup and then switch to the bridge for a searing lead tone that really cuts through!
With Hipshot grip-lock locking tuners, a Graph Tech TUSQ nut and a hardtail bridge; you get excellent tuning stability allowing you to riff and bend to your heart's content without ending up wildly out-of-tune. The bridge also features brass saddles, beloved by T-style players for their increased resonance.
- Body Top: Alder Solid Carve
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Carves: Front Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Tummy Cut, Rear Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Heel Contour
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Roasted Maple, Medium Colour
- Neck Profile: C-Shape
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Recessed Bolt-On
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
- Fretboard: Roasted Maple, Medium Colour with Rolled Edges
- Frets: 22 Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Fret Markers: Glow-in-the-Dark Side Dots
- 12th Fret Inlay: Black Infinity
- Headstock: Straight Heritage
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Hot Tele Single-Coil
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Hot Tele Single-Coil
- Pickup Switch: 3-Way Blade
- Controls: Master Volume (250k), Master Tone (250k)
- Hardware Colour: Gold
- Tuners: Hipshot Grip-Lock Open (18:1 Gearing)
- String Nut: Graph Tech TUSQ
- Bridge: Chapman String-Through Tele-Style with Brass Saddles
- Strap Buttons: Chapman Strap Locks