The ML1 Pro Modern is a dual-humbucker guitar that combines classic design with a modern edge, and, as the name suggests, it was the first Chapman guitar. Punchy pickups, a vibrant finish and a simple, comfortable playability.
To celebrate 10 years since the release of the ML1, Chapman have unveiled the ML1 Pro X – a pristine take on the ML1 formula. They’ve truly pulled out all the stops with this one!
Body & Neck
Chapman have opted for Mahogany for the body, with a stunning Poplar Burl top. This provides you with uncompromising sustain and excellent clarity, particularly in the midrange and top-end. The satin finish and contoured body carves ensure a classy yet bold aesthetic and a comfy playing experience in equal measure.
For the neck, they've opted for satin-finished Maple, with a set-neck configuration featuring a volute. And this isn’t just any Maple; this is a rather luxurious piece of Roasted Birdseye Maple.
This design, combined with a dual-action truss rod, means sturdy tuning stability and excellent proficiency with drop-tuning. The satin finish and familiar C-shape neck means you'll be right at home, whatever your style!
Hardware & Electronics
Chapman have loaded the Pro X with 3 Seymour Duncan pickups to offer a world-class tonal palette:
- Bridge: Seymour Duncan 59 Custom Trembucker Humbucker
- Middle: Seymour Duncan Vintage Hot Stack Single Coil
- Neck: Seymour Duncan Classic Stack Strat Plus Single Coil
Expect soaring sustain, a dynamic midrange, and a crystal-clear top-end, clean or distorted. A 5-way pickup switch and a push-pull coil-tap vastly expands this guitar’s versatility.
Top it off with a Wilkinson 2-point tremolo, Hipshot grip-lock open tuners, a Graph tech black tusq XL nut and alluring black hardware across the board, and you've struck the perfect balance between versatility and attitude. The perfect celebration of a truly outstanding instrument!
- Headstock: Straight heritage headstock
- Neck: Roasted Birdseye Maple with satin finish
- Neck type: C shape neck-through with volute
- Top: Poplar Burl satin finish
- Body: Mahogany with satin finish
- Body carves: Arm Carve, Rear Tummy Cut, Rear Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Heel Contour
- Fretboard: Roasted Birdseye Maple Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 22 jumbo nickel frets
- Fret markers: Glow-in-the-dark side dots
- 12th fret inlay: Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (~25.5")
- Tuners: Hipshot grip-lock open (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech black tusq XL nut
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound, 10-46
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Wilkinson 2-Point Tremolo, Brass Block with Brass Saddles
- Neck pickup: Seymour Duncan Classic Stack Strat Plus Single Coil
- Middle pickup: Seymour Duncan Vintage Hot Stack Single Coil
- Bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan 59 Custom Trembucker Humbucker
- Pickup switch: 5 way super switch with coil split
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman strap locks
- Case: Chapman Pro hard case