The Chapman ML1 Modern Baritone is a dual-humbucker guitar that combines classic design with crushing modern tones. A trusted tonewood mix, punchy pickups and comfortable playability makes the ML1 Modern Baritone an outstanding addition to the Chapman Guitars catalogue. Better still, the V2 models are made in a new factory - boasting baked tonewoods for improved resonance and durability, rolled fretboard edges and US-made pickup magnets. They're onto a winner...
Chapman have opted for a combination of classic tonewoods for the ML1 Modern Baritone's body - Alder with a stunning Ash veneer top. These materials are synonymous with Fender guitars, and have been used ever since the release of their very first solid-bodies back in the '50s. Offering scooped yet crystal-clear mids and rich, resonating sustain; these woods provide real tonal character.
For the neck, Chapman has opted for smooth satin-finished Maple, with a bolt-on configuration featuring a velute. This reinforcement, combined with a dual-action truss rod, means sturdy tuning stability and excellent proficiency with drop-tuning. The slippery satin finish and familiar C-shaped neck means that you'll feel right at home - whatever your style!
Top it off with a Graph Tech Tusq XL nut and alluring black hardware across the board, and you've struck the perfect balance between versatility and attitude.
Chapman have loaded the ML1 Modern Baritone with two Sonorous Zero humbuckers; power, clarity and punchy mids perfectly complement the tonewood cocktail, resulting in firm, chunky baritone sounds. Expect seismic bass frequencies and a crystal-clear mid-range, clean or distorted.
A 3-way blade pickup switch and a push-pull coil-tap vastly expands your tonal palette. What first appears to be a simple HH configuration suddenly becomes a hugely versatile instrument that'll efficiently handle whatever you throw at it.
- BODY TOP: Ash Veneer On Flat Top with Gloss Finish
- BODY BACK: Alder with Gloss Finish
- BODY BINDING: Reveal
- BODY CARVES: Arm Carve, Front Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Tummy Cut, Rear Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Heel Contour
- HEADSTOCK: Straight Heritage Headstock
- TUNERS: Chapman Locking (18:1 Gearing)
- STRING NUT: 42mm Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL Nut
- NECK: Maple with Satin Finish
- NECK JOINT: Recessed Bolt-on Neck
- NUT: 42mm 24F 57mm
- PROFILE: C Shape
- TRUSS ROD: Dual Action
- FRETBOARD: Macassar Ebony Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- FRETBOARD RADIUS: 350mm
- FRETS: 24 Jumbo Nickel Frets
- FRET MARKERS: Pearl Side Dots and Pearl Front Dot Inlays
- 12TH FRET INLAY: Pearl Infinity
- SCALE LENGTH: 711mm (~28")
Hardware and Electronics
- BRIDGE: Chapman String-Through Hardtail
- NECK PICKUP: Chapman Sonorous Zerø Baritone Humbucker
- MAGNET: Alnico 5 OUTPUT: 12.5k ohms
- BRIDGE PICKUP: Chapman Sonorous Zerø Baritone Humbucker
- MAGNET: Alnico 5 OUTPUT: 16.5k ohms
- PICKUP SWITCH: 3 Way Blade Switch with Coil Split on Push-Pull Tone Knob
- CONTROLS: Master Volume (500k), Master Tone with Push-Pull (500k)
- STRAP BUTTONS: Chapman Classic Strap Buttons