Melodyne 4 from Celemony is one of the most powerful and intuitive pitch and sound editors around. Melodyne visualises the actual notes in the audio as opposed to just the waveform which can be difficult to interpret. As a result you don't just get the volume, you get a visualisation of where notes begin and end, as well as their pitch. From here you can modify the notes and ultimately influence the intonation, phrasing and dynamics of the audio you're working with. It's not just for simple audio forms either, Melodyne 4 works well with vocals and polyphonic instruments such as guitars and pianos.
Melodyne 4 Studio
The Studio version is the full, most powerful edition of Melodyne 4. Not only do you get the tools to edit almost every characteristic of a note and powerful sound editing capabilities, you also get some advanced features that take things to the next level. In Melodyne 4 Studio you get "Direct Note Access (DNA)" on polyphonic tracks which allows you to edit individual notes within chords and polyphonic sounds. You also have multi-tracking and multi-track note editing capabilities, access to the Sound Editor which allows you to change timbre by adjusting the balance between partials, and the power to quantise to a reference track allowing you to carry over one track's timing to another. If you want to take complete control of your sound, Melodyne 4 Studio is the way to go.
For a feature comparision between Melodyne versions, click here.
Here's What Celemony Say About Melodyne 4 Studio
The complete Melodyne.
Melodyne 4 studio offers you all Melodyne functions for both correction and creative applications on an unlimited number of tracks. You can edit the sound and musical content of your recordings in such an intuitive manner or make such far-reaching changes with no other audio tool.
- Grammy Award-winning Melodyne technology
- All the Melodyne algorithms including DNA Direct Note Access™
- The full Melodyne toolkit
- Unlimited tracks with Multitrack Note Editing
- The Sound Editor with its unique capabilities
- Macros for pitch- and timing-correction as well as quantization
- Precise tempo-detection and -editing
- Comprehensive functions for working with scales, tuning and temperaments
- Audio-to-MIDI export
- Fully compatible: VST, AU, RTAS, AAX, Rewire
- Best possible integration through ARA Audio Random Access (depending upon the DAW)
- macOS and Windows, 32/64 Bit
- Current version 4