The Boss MS-3 is a multi-effects switcher with two key functions to take your pedalboard to the next level. Not only does it act as a switcher, turning your pedals on and off with the click of a single button, but it also possesses the power of 112 on-board effects in delays, reverbs, drives, pitch shifting and modulation to use in conjunction with the pedals you put in the chain.
The MS-3 contains three pedal loops to connect and activate your favourite effects as you please. Mix and match your own stompboxes and the MS-3's effects. This is also the perfect solution for a small pedalboard or when travelling light, as you can use the MS-3 standalone. With a built-in tuner, EQ and noise suppressor, you won't ever have to waste precious pedal real estate on your board.
MS-3 Editor Via USB
It couldn’t be easier to create your patches. All you need to do is connect the MS-3 to your computer via USB and set up the patches via the librarian software.
- Powerful integrated solution for creating a compact professional pedalboard
- Unlimited sound creation with six simultaneous pedal effects and audio loops for connecting three external pedals
- 112 built-in effects types for guitar and bass, including delays, reverbs, mod/pitch effects, overdrives, distortions, and more
- Intuitive user interface for easy patch creation
- Backlit LCD, editing knobs, and panel LEDs for on/off status of loops and effects
- Control assign, wave pedal, and other functions for deep real-time expression
- Equipped with numerous jacks for amp channel switching, effects control, and more
- MIDI output for working with MIDI-enabled effects
- Built-in tuner, noise suppressor, and global EQ
- USB for patch creation and backup via free MS-3 Editor/Librarian software
Here's what Boss say about the MS-3:
The MS-3’s highly flexible design gives you the freedom to create any kind of effects system, from simple to complex. It can serve as a general-purpose effects unit to augment core tone from three stompboxes, or function as the central hub of an advanced hybrid rig with MIDI gear and channel-switching amps.
It even works as a standalone effects processor, making it perfect for fly dates and other times you need to travel light. And if you’re just starting out, the MS-3 provides a solid effects foundation that can be expanded as your experience grows.
Three Loops for Your Choice of Effects
Via the MS-3’s audio loops, you can connect three different effects devices to the system. You’ll probably want to hook up your favorite drive and booster pedals to the loops, but you can use any effects you like. Once your pedals are connected, you’re able to switch the loops on/off individually, and position the MS-3’s onboard effects around them any way you want.
World-Class BOSS Effects Engine
To complement the three external loops, the MS-3 is equipped 112 effects types to choose from. They’re organized in six categories, which are available simultaneously: FX1, FX2, Mod1, Mod2, Delay, and Reverb. FX1 and FX2 contain many different types, from overdrives and distortions to compressors, pitch shifters, Slow Gear, and many others.
Mod1 and Mod2 offer the famous BOSS chorus and vibrato effects, plus tremolo, flanger, phaser, and more. All the effects are fantastic for guitar, and there’s also a large selection specially optimized for bass.