Here's what Beyerdynamic say about the M201TG:
The classic dynamic, "workhorse stable" microphone for all instrumental applications.
Another microphone from the "workhorse stable", the M 201 TG preserves its place in history through sheer performance and reliability and we are proud that it has come to feature here with the classics. A truly sensitive dynamic microphone with a range of applications spanning instruments to vocals, being particularly effective when the microphone has to be placed at a distance from the sound source.
It incorporates a "hum-buck" coil that rejects mains borne interference introduced when using the microphone close to video monitors or other mains powered devices.
- Universal microphone for instrument miking
- Integrated hum-buck coil
- Small dimensions for unobtrusive positioning
- Rugged construction
- Supplied with microphone clamp and storage bag
- Usage: Keyboard instruments, Wind instruments, Drums & Percussion
- Transmission type: Wired
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency response: 40 - 18.000 Hz
- Mic type: instrumental microphone
- Connection: 3-pin XLR male