The Akai MPX8 is a super affordable way to use mono or stereo samples in your stage or studio set up. You can load almost any sample into the MPX8 via SD or SDHC card and play them using the 8 velocity-sensitive pads. With its portable size and low-cost the MPX8 is one of the most convenient ways to incorporate samples into your performing.
The MPX8 has a full-size SD card slot, this means that the number of samples you can have on hand is limited only by the storage on your SD or SDHC card. There's even a built-in library of popular sounds and samples to get you started. From there you can assign the samples for playback to any of the 8 velocity-sensitive pads. This controller uses MPC so you can be assured of the quality and responsiveness.
Further controls allow you to tune and add reverb to the samples so you can adjust the sound on the fly and you can also save presets and recall presets. The MPX8 can be used as a standalone sample player with its two balanced 6.35mm outputs and 3.5mm headphone jack, but can also be used to control other gear and software with its USB and standard MIDI connectivity. Whether you're using it as an independent sample player or as a controller, the MPX8 is compact enough to fit any use.
To help you make the most of your MPX8 Akai Professional have included a free sample kit editor which allows you to arrange, tune, and add reverb to your samples on your computer before adding them into the MPX8. You also get a free Loop Library download from Akai Professional for even more included sounds.
- Audio Outputs: (2) TRS 1/4" (balanced), (1) 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone
- MIDI I/O: MIDI over USB, 5-Pin DIN via 1/8" (3.5mm) MIDI in and out (cable included)
- Pads: 8 velocity sensitive
- Sounds: 21 internal (virtually unlimited via sd card)
- Sounds Accessible via Pads: 8
- Polyphony: 8-voice
- Panning: 9-position user programmable
- Other Features: Reverb and sample tune and 3 different trigger types.
- Power: Input 5VDC 1000mA via USB
- Weight: 1lb ( 0.45kg)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 11.6" x 4" x 1.3"