Free Copy of Ableton Live Lite
You'll get a free download of Ableton Live Lite when you buy this product - it'll come with a serial download included. For more info on how to get your copy, head over to Ableton's website here. Enjoy!
The Akai Professional MPK225 is an all-in-one performance pad and keyboard controller that offers greater control and improved workflow for working with virtual instruments, effects, and DAWs. With 25 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, 8 MPC-style pads, 8 assignable knobs, and more, the relatively compact MPK225 makes a great addition to a production setup.
The MPK225 is packed full of features that make producing music a breeze. This controller features 25 full-size, semi-weighted keys for smooth and expressive playing and features aftertouch for even more expressive capabilities. The 8 MPC-style RGB-backlit pads are great for a more natural and rhythmic way to create beats and trigger samples. There are 4 banks which expands the number of pads at your fingertips to 32. Whether you're playing melodies or crafting beats, the MPK225's keyboard and pads create a more natural and free-flowing way to make music digitally.
Additionally, there are 12-assignable Q-Link controllers, 8 knobs and four buttons that can be set to control various parameters and functions. There are also three banks for these controllers, so you can have up to 24 knobs and 12 buttons at your disposal. You can also expand the functionality of this controller via the assignable footswitch jack and expression jack. The MPK225 is fully USB-powered and is compatible with PC and Mac so you can plug-in-and-play.
The MPK225 comes with free software to help you jump right into making music. Included is Ableton Live Lite, a slimmed-down version of one of the best DAWs on the market, virtual synthesisers Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech and Twist by SONiVOX, as well as MPC Essentials which offers MPC workflow in your DAW or as a standalone. MPC Essentials is a beat/groove production and sample-triggering software that expands the MPK225 with up to 8 pad banks as well as 4 samples and insert effect per pad. You also get a free download of Akai Professional's VIP3.0 software which offers greater hardware/software integration for improved control over VST instruments and effects.
- Number of Keys: 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- Pads: 8 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- Q-Link Controls: 8 assignable control knobs and 4 backlit buttons
- Computer Interface: USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: MPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input and (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- Power: USB power; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 19.25" x 11.75" x 3.63"
- Weight: 6.09 lbs