The Boss SY-1 is the guitar synth pedal that the guitar community has long-awaited! Not only does it track incredibly well, it also has a number of different synth sounds that you can easily access and create with your guitar.
The wide variety of synth sounds on-board include brass, pad, lead (synth lead) and bell sounds to name a few. Obviously these sound great on their own but you can quickly create weird and wacky sounds by combining this pedal with everything else on your board! It's also great for bass players too - simply use the mode switch to optimise it for bass!
Synth sounds with no programming needed
Guitar synth pedals have been around for a while and Boss really impressed with their SY-300. This laid the ground this fantastic new addition to the compact stompbox range, allowing you to get great synth tones without having to install a specific pickup to your guitar. You can also choose how much of your dry guitar signal to dial in alongside your effected sound.
Another great trick is the hold function which will sustain the last played synth sound and allow you to jam over the top!
Effects Loop On-Board
The SY-1 would fit in any standard signal chain but can also be used to create unique synth tones with its send and return function! So you can patch drive pedals into the loop and send the combined output to modulation and delay to process the entire signal. The send can also be used as a direct output as which allows you to route your synth and guitar sounds to separate destinations. Neat huh?
- Authentic BOSS polyphonic guitar synth in a compact pedal
- No special pickup required—play rich, dynamic synth tones with any guitar or bass
- 121 total sounds (11 types and 11 variations), all ready to play with no programming knowledge needed
- Includes a wide variety of analog-style synth sounds, from leads, basses, and layered organs to sweeping pads and arpeggiated sequences
- Latency-free performance for unrestricted musical expression
- Quickly adjust sounds to taste with Tone/Rate and Depth controls
- Hold function for playing normal guitar over sustained synth voices
- Blend synth and normal guitar sounds with independent level controls
- Parallel send/return loop for easy integration with other pedals on your board
- Mode switch optimizes the synth engine for guitar or bass
- Supports extended control with an external footswitch or expression pedal
SY-1 Sound Types
- LEAD 1/2—A wide range of sounds suitable for single-note soloing.
- PAD—Full tones that work great with chords, from layered pads to synth brass and more.
- BASS—Fat synth bass sounds, including filtered and sub-octave tones.
- STR—Classic analog-style strings, including layered voices and sweeping textures.
- ORGAN—A large selection of organ sounds, including many with rotary-style modulation.
- BELL—Percussive synth sounds with metallic resonance.
- SFX 1/2—A variety of synth sound effects, including explosive one-shot sounds, animated pitch/filter voices, and more.
- SEQ 1/2—Pulsating sounds with rhythmic pitch or filter changes.