The Boss GT-1000 is the new flagship effects and modelling amp processor for these giants of the industry. It’s got a massive selection of on-board effects including algorithms directly ported from their powerful DD-500 Delay, MD-500 Modulation and RV-500 Reverb pedals. Along with all of their other distortion and drive effects and not to mention the countless amps available on-board.
The Boss GT-1000 ushers in a new era of amp and effect processing for the Japanese company. They’ve always been at the forefront of all things guitar effects and their GT-1000 captures years of innovation, engineering and design into this uber-powerful pedalboard.
It’s got an ultra-fast DSP engine, 32-bit processing and a 96 kHz sampling rate. Essentially, what this means is that it’s got some powerful computer processors controlling the quality of the audio which means you get incredibly accurate and warm sounding guitar tones from the GT-100.
AIRD Amp Modelling Technology
The GT-1000 harnesses new in-house technology called AIRD (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics) which takes their Tube Logic tech to a new level giving you the flexibility, performance and practical useability of the Waza, Blues Cube and Katana amps.
Tube amps loved by guitarists are highly musical and highly responsive with a harmonic quality often ignored by digital technology but the AIRD tech in the GT-1000 brings all the best parts of a tube amp together in their modelling sounds. This will obviously be heavily affected by the speaker system or poweramp that you run the GT-1000 into which is why the AIRD technology aims to make their tube amp models as flexible as possible so that they’ll sound good no matter what system you’re plugging into.
Everything you need in one box
The GT-1000 is simply your all-in-one solution for pedals and amplifiers. It’s got a stunning array of amp and cabinet models to base your tone off along with a bucketload of effects all controlled by sturdy footswitches. This means you won’t need a pedalboard or even an amp or cab with the GT-1000. This isn’t the first time Boss have done multi-fx or amp modelling – they’re one of the go-to brands when it comes to digital effects – however this is their newest addition to stake their claim as kings of the digital (and analogue) guitar world.
- Flagship guitar amp/effects processor with uncompromising sound quality and unmatched expressiveness
- Industry-leading 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate throughout
- Next-generation BOSS DSP engine, custom designed specifically for music applications
- AIRD (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics) technology realizes BOSS’s acclaimed Tube Logic concept in a digital guitar processor, delivering natural feel and optimized integration with all types of external devices
- Highly expressive amplifiers, meticulously crafted with AIRD
- Massive selection of onboard effects, including BOSS MDP effects and algorithms directly ported from the DD-500, MD-500, and RV-500 pedals
- Amps and effects can be routed in numerous series and parallel combinations
- Ultra-fast patch switching and delay/reverb carryover
- Innovative Stompbox feature greatly simplifies using common effects settings in many different patches
- Easy operation with large display and six user-assignable switching knobs
- Ten footswitches and integrated expression pedal with user-configurable assignments and LED colors
- High-resolution tuner with two display modes and mono or polyphonic operation
- ¼-inch main outputs and XLR sub outputs with independent AIRD Output Select settings; loop for external stereo or mono effects
- Support for external control via footswitches, expression pedals, MIDI, and USB
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless editing from iOS and Android mobile devices
- USB audio/MIDI interface for computer-based recording and editing