Condition: Tatty Box
Check out the photos and see if this is the deal for you! This item may not include all accesories. Please contact us for further information.
The Gibson Acoustic HP 665 SB's slim 3.5" body depth ensures a comfortable playing experience, but there's nothing slim about the way it sounds. Lurking inside the HP 665 SB's compact frame is the full-bodied tone of a Jumbo waiting to spring forth. Playing this guitar is effortless, thanks to the silky smooth action provided by Gibson's Acoustic Advanced Response neck, which is topped by a 16"-radius Richlite fingerboard. A belly-down bridge and modern pickguard shape set the HP 665 SB apart from vintage models. L.R. Baggs Element electronics make the Gibson Acoustic HP 665 SB acoustic-electric guitar a worthy onstage companion.
The perfect tonewoods, body shape, and bracing for natural acoustic projection
Rich, detailed overtones abound from the Gibson Acoustic HP 665 SB's rosewood back and sides, and they look fantastic. What's more, the HP 665 SB is topped with Sitka spruce, adding rich and mellow accents to your sound. This acoustic-electric guitar offers a surprising amount of projection, given its slim 3.5" body depth, that's further enhanced by traditional scalloped X-bracing.
Advanced Response neck yields exceptionally smooth playability
The Gibson Acoustic HP 665 SB has an Advanced Response neck profile that feels at home in your hand whether you're playing chords or single-note lines. As you play your way up the neck, you'll appreciate the smooth feel of the 16"-radius Richlite fingerboard. With a neck that plays this smooth, and with the added convenience of a cutaway, you'll be able to play longer with less fatigue.
Get amazing sound onstage courtesy of LR Baggs Element electronics
The Gibson Acoustic HP 665 SB comes with LR Baggs's popular Element electronics, a popular choice amongst Sweetwater's guitarists. This system features a low-profile undersaddle transducer that's more stable and durable than many standard ribbon-type pickups. Unnecessary internal components have been removed, enhancing the coupling between the pickup and the guitar, and improving the sensitivity of the transducer. The result is a robust, lively, and natural acoustic sound. With an unobtrusive volume control mounted just inside the soundhole, the Element gives your HP 665 SB the amplification you need, with zero compromises in tone or convenience.
- Slim 3.5" body depth ensures a comfortable playing experience without sacrificing tone
- Sitka spruce top and rosewood back/sides provide a wide sonic range with excellent dynamic response
- Gibson Acoustic Advanced Response neck yields silky smooth action
- Modern belly-down bridge and pickguard shape for a contemporary appearance
- Handbuilt using North American Tonewoods with Gibson's original build techniques
- LR Baggs Element electronics deliver excellent plugged-in performance
- Body Style: J-165
- Wood: Sitka spruce top, rosewood back & sides
- Binding: Multi-ply top, single-ply back, multi-ply rosette
- Finish: Antique Natural, Natural Cure, nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck: Mahogany, Advanced Response neck profile with 1.725" nut
- Neck-to-body: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 14th fret
- Bracing: Traditional scalloped x-bracing
- Fingerboard: 16" radius Richlite, mother-of-pearl inlay
- Scale: Short
- Bridge: Richlite, Modern Belly down
- Pickguard: Modern Shape, .030'' tortoise
- Tuning Machines: Gold, Mini Grover
- Strings: Light gauge .012 - .053
- Electronics: LR Baggs VTC
- Case: Hardshell Case