The Martin LX1 or, as it's more affectionately known, the "Little Martin" is a great travel guitar or starter guitar for those with little hands. It's also the ideal guitar to have kicking around the lounge - ready to pick up and jam when inspiration strikes - the perfect parlour partner!
The LX1, unlike many miniature guitars, does not compromise on action, build or intonation in order to achieve its small size. Backed by legendary Martin build quality, the little Martin will be a great companion for any guitarist, old hand or new!
Like its predecessors, the latest addition to the Martin line is built with the same Martin quality craftsmanship, with an emphasis on producing great sound in a smaller guitar. These Little Martins are durable and easy to play. They are the perfect "pick up and play" guitars that let you jam at home or on the road and are the perfect choice for students.
Here's what Martin have to say about the LX1:
While the Little Martin is our smallest guitar, it is very big on tone, quality and versatility. The LX1 model features a solid Sitka spruce top and mahogany high-pressure laminate HPL back, sides and top. It’s ideal for travel, student practice or for just playing around the house or campfire.
- Model: Lx1 Little Martin
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: Modified 0-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Multiple Black/White Boltaron with Red Fiber
- Top Bracing Pattern: Modified X Series ''x''
- Top Braces: Crowned Cross Brace
- Back Material: Mahogany Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Back Purfling: None
- Side Material: Mahogany Pattern HPL Textured Finish
- Neck Material: Rust Stratabond
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Lx Taper
- Headplate: Mahogany Pattern HPL
- Heelcap: None
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Morado or Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 23''
- # of Frets Clear: 14
- # of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/16''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: None
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: None
- Finish Top: Hand Rubbed Finish
- Finish Neck: None
- Bridge Material: Solid Morado or Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Chrome w/ Small Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin Sp Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (Msp7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: White w/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: None
- Case: Padded Gig Bag
- Interior Label: Gold Foil Label
- Other Comments: All Prices & Specifications Are Subject to Change Without Notice.