Not keen on the current look? Soldano provide a range of customisable options for your SLO-100. You can check them out below:
Tolex: Red, Purple, White, Ivory, Carolina Blue, British Tan, British Cocoa, Black Western, Turquoise & Snake Skin.
Grille: Black, White, Basketweave, Salt & Pepper, Cane, Oxblood & Bluesbreaker, Starfall.
Front/Rear Control Panels: White or Black.
Contact us here, and we can arrange these custom models for you.
Soldano's original Super Lead Overdrive (or SLO, if you prefer), solidified its place in gear history as a defining piece of musical equipment. It was the benchmark for current-day high-gain amplification - especially within the rock scene.
1987 was a defining year for the brand. It saw Mike Soldano display his high-gain, 100-watt amp head (characterised by its incredible blend of sustain, gain and response) to the industry at NAMM. And as they say, the rest is now history!
It quickly developed a legion of fans, both in the professional sphere and with enthusiasts everywhere. The amp's drive channel became a regular sonic feature of Mick Mars' rig (Motley Crue), among other heavyweight rock players. In contrast, the clean channel - paired with a crunchy blues offering - found it's way into the hearts of the likes of Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler. If this doesn't scream quality, we don't know what does! Till this day, the amp has remained the first pick of guitar players across the globe.
This brand new Soldano Super Lead Overdrive 100 takes inspiration from its predecessor, adding a suite of new features in the process. It manages to balance the performance and look of the original, combining it with modern-day functionality. After all, it needs to meet the demands of even the most discerning player.
Enhanced Noise Floor
Thanks to a combination of cutting-edge grounding, circuit separation (avoiding crosstalk among channels) and a DC filament circuit, you'll notice an improved signal-to-noise ratio; it doesn't come at a detriment to the amps clean tone either.
Seamless Channel Switching
A built-in channel-select toggle switch makes swapping between them an absolute breeze. This is particularly useful in a studio setting where you may not necessarily want to have to use a footswitch.
Depth Control as Standard
Unlike the original model, a depth control now comes as standard on the SLO-100. Mixing together the presence and depth controls opens up a versatile EQ. This opens up a whole host of new creative possibilities and is unrivalled when compared to your average tone stack.
The transparent tube-buffered effects loop on show here takes both high-powered rack units and old-school pedals - plus everything in between - in its stride. A hardwire bypass switch has been incorporated too, ensuring you can remove the effects loop completely from the circuitry if you so choose. Alongside this, there's the return level control, which is designed to set up a couple of foot-switchable preset volumes.
- Hand-wired in the USA, built from premium-grade components.
- 100-Watt all-tube head.
- Experiment with classic high-gain/clean tones which became a trademark of modern rock music.
- Use a 4, 8, or 16-ohm speaker cab alongside it by utilising the integrated impedance selector.
- Variable slave output: use with IR's, for recording, combining amps together etc.
- Upgraded custom transformers.
- Reduced noise floor thanks to an improved DC heater circuit.
- New and updated effects loop hardwire bypass.
- Harness FX level control to ensure your effects operate at their best level. This also provides a solo boost option.
- Enhanced tube buffered FX loop.
- Take charge of the global 3-band EQ, presence and depth control.
- Dedicated preamp and master controls.
- Switch immediately from normal to overdrive channels using the footswitch or front-mounted toggle control.
- Thick and precise drive, to more distorted tones across the breadth of the overdrive channels range.
- Cleans of astounding clarity and rich crunch tones from the normal channels contrasting bright and crunch switches.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
- Type: Tube
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 10" x 25.25" x 9"
- Weight: 47 lbs.
- Channels: 2
- Power: 100W
- Power Tubes: x4 5881/6L6
- Preamp Tubes: x5 12AX7/ECC83
- Inputs: x1 1/4"
- Outputs: x2 1/4" (4/8/16 ohms), x1 1/4" (Slave Out)
- EQ: 3-Band EQ, Depth, Presence
- Effects Loop: Tube Buffered
- Footswitch I/O: x1 1/4" (Channel) - Footswitch Included
- Power Supply: Standard IEC AC Cable