The K2 delivers a rich, pure, tube sound with exceptionally low self-noise (10dBA), high maximum sound pressure level (162dBA) and an extremely wide dynamic range (150dB). The polar pattern is continuously variable from the remote power supply, resulting in an unbeatable combination of versatility, sound quality and value.
Here's What Rode Say About the K2 Tube Condenser Mic
The RØDE K2 is a premium valve condenser microphone featuring dual 1” gold sputtered diaphragms. Infinitely variable control of the polar pattern from omnidirectional through cardioid and bidirectional/figure-8 provides the freedom and flexibility to excel in any recording situation.
High-performance specifications (including a maximum SPL of 162dB) are combined with the character and subtleties of the legendary mics of the 1950s to provide a microphone that not only provides world-class vocals but is perfectly at home recording a wide range of instruments both up-close or in a wider ‘room’ capacity.
The RØDE K2 microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Large 1" capsule with gold sputtered diaphragm and internal shock mounting
- Ultra low noise
- Wide dynamic range
- Class ‘A’ valve circuitry
- Hand-selected and graded 6922 twin-triode valve
- Dedicated Power Supply
- High strength welded and heat-treated steel mesh head
- Continuously variable polar patterns. From omni, through cardioid to figure 8, controlled at the power supply.
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics; Valve/tube impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 1.00"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Figure 8, Omnidirectional
- Address Type: Side
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Maximum SPL: 162dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level: 30.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity: -36.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 10dBA
- Power Options: Power supply included
- Weight: 815.00g
- Dimensions: 208.00mmH x 55.00mmW x 55.00mmD
- Output: XLR