The great thing about the iRig is it offers you so many options, connect your iPhone up to a keyboard using the iRig and make the most of all your crazy, synth apps you love so much! Or perhaps you want to take advantage of the iRig's portability, and use it as part of your live setup. Change presets or use it as a pedal controller to operate a wah pedal! Just connect a MIDI floor controller to the input of the iRig and have complete control at your feet!
At such a great price, you can't afford not to make the iRig MIDI Interface apart of your collection.
Here's what iRig say about the iRig MIDI 2 Interface
Introducing iRig MIDI 2, the first Lightning/USB compatible mobile MIDI interface that works with all generations of iOS devices as well as Mac and PC. It features everything you loved about iRig MIDI but with even greater pocketability, connectivity and control. Simply put, it's the perfect MIDI solution for the musician on the move.
Like iRig MIDI before it, iRig MIDI 2 features three MIDI ports: IN, OUT and THRU. But this time around the ports are standard-sized and require no adaptor or special cable to use — in fact, you can use any standard MIDI cable you'd like. These ports give you all the control and connectivity that MIDI allows: Use the IN port to use external keyboards and controllers to play your favorite software sound modules and synthesizers. Use the OUT port to control external hardware or synthesizers from your mobile device or computer. And you can use the THRU port to send MIDI data to multiple instruments at once. Monitoring MIDI data with iRig MIDI 2 is easy, it comes with two LEDs that give you an at-a-glance readout of the note data as it passes through the IN and OUT ports.
With iRig MIDI 2, you get more than just a supremely portable MIDI interface; you also get a full suite of music creation apps. As soon as you open the box you'll be ready to go. iOS users get two of IK’s most popular mobile apps: SampleTank FREE is a sound and groove workstation filled with hundreds of high-quality instruments and patterns. iGrand Piano FREE is a concert-quality piano app that puts world-class piano sounds at your fingertips. And Mac and PC users can enjoy the full creative power of SampleTank 3 SE, a free version of IK’s next generation SampleTank 3 desktop sound workstation. Beyond all that’s included, iRig MIDI 2 works with all MIDI-compatible Mac and PC software as well as the entire spectrum of Core MIDI apps for iOS such as GarageBand, Cubasis, Beat Maker 2, Auria and many more.
- Universal MIDI interface for Lightning iOS devices as well as all prior generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch plus Mac and PC
- Ultra-portable, pocket-sized form factor that you can take with you anywhere
- Detachable bumper-friendly cables for seamless, universal connectivity
- Lighting connector and USB cable included, 30-pin cable available separately
- Standard-sized MIDI IN, OUT and THRU ports
- MIDI IN/OUT LED indicators for at-a-glance monitoring of MIDI data transmission
- Draws power from host device instead of a bulky power adaptor
- Comes with a powerful suite of music creation apps SampleTank Free, iGrand Piano FREE and SampleTank 3 SE
- Elegant and durable rubberized enclosure
- Designed and made in Modena, Italy