Here's what PreSonus says about the FaderPort Mk2:
Although a keyboard and mouse are tried-and-true DAW-control devices, they’re far more effective when used in tandem with the FaderPort™’s precise tactile control over mix and automation functions. A superior solution for anyone who mixes in the box, the FaderPort provides a 100 mm touch-sensitive, motorized fader for writing fades and automation in real-time and 24 buttons covering 40 different functions, all in a compact chassis that easily sits on any desk.
Quickly zoom in on audio files for editing. Control track levels with the touch of a finger. With the FaderPort, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced.
We've incorporated elements from the award-winning FaderPort 8 into our new and improved FaderPort. Rather than forcing you to revise your mixing method, the FaderPort augments the way you currently mix. You still use your faithful keyboard and mouse for things they do well, and the FaderPort handles what you really want to get your fingers on: your mix. This is DAW control the way you always hoped it could be!
One-button access to key functions.*
The FaderPort's unique Session Navigator provides easy access to eight mission-critical functions for maximum flexibility. Use the large encoder button and companion buttons to edit and mix with greater efficiency and speed. Scroll through your timeline, using the encoder, or work measure by measure with the arrow buttons; zoom in and out on the timeline with the encoder and make your tracks larger or smaller with the arrow buttons; navigate and drop markers; and maintain constant control of your main level. Once you start using the Session Navigator, you’ll wonder how you mixed without it.
* Features may vary depending on your software.
Universal compatibility and tight Studio One integration.
FaderPort’s streamlined workflow and support for the Mackie Control and HUI protocols make it fast and easy to control Logic Pro X, Cubase, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, and more. No driver installation is necessary; just plug the control surface into a USB port and take command of your mix.
But the FaderPort is downright magical when used with PreSonus Studio One. (Studio One Artist is included.) You’ll be amazed at how much faster you can work.
An amazingly fast, efficient studio workflow awaits you!
With the compact, easy-to-use FaderPort, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow and the most session control you’ve ever experienced. But don’t just take our word for it; visit your favorite PreSonus dealer and try the FaderPort for yourself!
- Easier and faster control of your DAW
- More controls than original
- Connects easily through USB 2.0
- Compact and easy to use
- Tactile controls over mix and automation functions
- Complete recording-transport controls - play, stop, fast forward, rewind, record, loop
- Channel record-enable, enable-disable looping
- Write single-channel or grouped-channel volume, mute and pan automation
- Fader mode selection - read, write, touch, off
- Single, touch-sensitive, 100mm long-throw motorised fader is smooth and senses when your finger makes contact
- Large, 360-degree push button encoder
- 24 buttons, covering 40 different functions for quick access to key DAW parameters
- Innovative Session Navigator section makes mixing and controlling DAWs quick and easy
- Seamless, native support for Studio One (Studio One Artist included)
- Compatible with Logic Pro X, Cubase, Ableton Live, and Pro Tools via Mackie Control Universal and Mackie HUI emulation
- Mac/Windows compatible with native Studio One support and HUI and Mackie Control Universal emulation
- Automation behavior selection buttons, user-definable functions
- Channel control buttons, solo or mute channels, clear all solos or mutes
- Bypass all plug-ins on one channel or bypass all plug-ins on all channels (not available in all DAWs)
- Footswitch jack (footswitch not included)
- OS: macOS 10.8.5 64-bit or higher
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- OS: Windows 7 x64/x86 SP1 + platform update, WIndows 8.1 x64/x86, or Windows 10 x64/x86
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
Mac & Windows Systems
- Firmware: The most recent FaderPort firmware
- USB: USB 2.0 port
- Internet: Internet connection required for driver and bundled software installation
- Control: Universal Control 2.8 ot later (for firmware updates)