Made with high-quality CineMag USA transformers, Warm Audio Direct Boxes are designed to preserve your instrument's tone when you're going straight into a mixer live or in the studio. This is the active version which is ideal for use with passive electronics, acoustic guitars in particular, but also features a "Passive" switch so you can operate it in passive mode when dealing with active electronics.
Whether you're using it live or in the studio it's important to have a DI box that can stand up to frequent use, especially if you're on the road. The chassis is made from rugged aluminium with metal switches and knobs, so this thing is built to last.
Warm Audio use quality components like CineMag USA transformers to ensure that your signal remains clear and accurate to the tone of your instrument. The Direct Box features an onboard Pad control which allows you to attenuate your signal from -3dB through to -30dB so you can handle a wide range of input strengths. There's also a thru-put jack which allows you to run your signal to a second place like an amp in addition to a mixer. You can also take a recorded line level signal and send to another line input while also sending a signal out of the XLR mic level output.
- Power: 48V Phantom or Two 9V batteries. Can also be used passively
- Custom-wound CineMag USA output transformer
- Converts instruments to mic-level signals without signal degradation
- Ideal solution for plugging your instrument direct into any mic pre
- Top-quality class A components with gold-plated traces on circuit board
- Rugged aluminum construction
- Pad: variable from -3 to -30 dB
- Balanced output: 600 Ohms, mic level
- Input impedance: 1 meg Ohms
- THD: .01% from 20 Hz to 50 Hz. Less than .003% from 50 Hz to 20 KHz
- Frequency response: 10 Hz to 90 KHz +/- 0.5 dB