Second Hand Items Disclaimer
Second Hand gear is often subject to some wear depending on age and how well it was looked after. Any significant cosmetic damage is shown in the photos so please take the time to look through and make sure you are happy with the condition before buying. Please see below for a description of the condition of this item.Second Hand FAQ
The Artist Series began in 1991. This series experimented with component and structural updates that enhanced the tone of the guitar and brought more decoration with it. The Artist V is the first example of this series in nearly 15 years. The Artist V features new pickups sec’d by Paul Reed Smith, PRS' 2011 redesigned 5-way blade switch (previously featured only on the 2011 Custom 24), beautiful inlays and purfling, and only the best woods. Gold hardware and a selective color list, including three new colors (Blue Crab Blue, Eriza Verde, and Purple Hazel), complete the Artist V’s special offerings.
- Pickup Switching Positions:
- Position One: Bridge humbucker
- Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
- Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
- Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
- Position Five: Neck humbucker
The finish should enhance the look, sound, and feel of a guitar by accentuating the wood’s inherent beauty and feel without hindering its natural resonance. And PRS Guitars’ new “V12” finish does just that. Introduced at Experience PRS 2010, V12 is a very thin, hard, and clear finish that will not crack or react with thinners. After roughly 12 years in development, it is halfway between acrylic and nitro but with a classic feel all its own. “PRS models with this new finish feel like old instruments,” said Paul Reed Smith.
Pattern Regular Neck Shape
Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of their quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like home, as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. The new “Pattern Regular” neck shape is similar to the traditional PRS regular neck found on guitars made in the late 80’s at PRS’s former Virginia Avenue location.
This new neck shape reflects modern tooling and programming that allows PRS to even more precisely shape and consistently reproduce their necks.
- Top Wood: Artist Grade Flame Maple
- Back Wood: Ribboned Mahogany
- Finish: V12
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Peruvian Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony with Mother of Pearl Purfling
- Neck Shape: Pattern Regular
- Fretboard Inlays: Paua Birds with Mother of Pearl Outlines
- Headstock Inlay: Ebony Veneer with Abalone Signature and
- Mother of Pearl “Artist V”
- Bridge: PRS Tremolo Tuners: PRS Phase III Tuners
- Truss Rod Cover: Ebony
- Hardware Type: Gold
- Treble Pickup: Artist V
- Bass Pickup: Artist V